Oct 4, 2012, 5:22 PM EST
We’ve lost the preseason and now the first two weeks of the regular season schedule. Consequently, there’s been a steady stream of locked-out players heading to Europe, but so far Sidney Crosby hasn’t been one of them.
“We are entertaining conversations with teams and leagues overseas,” Crosby’s agent, Pat Brisson said, according to Shelly Anderson. “If the lockout persist the conversations might become more serious, but nothing at the moment.”
Part of the reason Crosby might be hesitant is because insuring him after he inked a 12-year, $104.4 million extension in June could reportedly cost up to $400,000 per month. Even then, Brisson previously stated that amount would only cover part of his contract.
Crosby has played in just 63 regular season games and six playoff contests over the last two seasons because of concussion problems.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 6
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 30
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)