Oct 3, 2012, 11:02 PM EDT
There aren’t any NHL games to bet on, so instead Bovada is giving people the option to bet on the length of the lockout.
If you’re interested to see how optimistic things look from the eyes of an online bookkeeper, then it might interest you to know that they’re giving even odds that the Winter Classic will be canceled. Think that the Winter Classic will be saved? Those odds are 4/7.
Conversely, the odds of the NHL Thanksgiving Showdown proceeding as planned are even and the odds of it being canceled are 4/7.
Meanwhile, we aren’t likely to see regular season games canceled until Friday.
And as a side note, the odds of the Edmonton Oilers and the city coming to an arena agreement by the end of the year are a whopping 10/1. Want to bet on them not coming to terms this year? Sorry, it looks like that’s one bet that they won’t take.
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 5
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 6
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 33
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Prust apologizes for all the stuff he said about referee Watson 48
- Flyers will be ‘extremely patient’ with youngsters, but ‘want a winner as soon as possible’ 22
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 52
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 66
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 26
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)