Oct 3, 2012, 11:02 PM EDT
There aren’t any NHL games to bet on, so instead Bovada is giving people the option to bet on the length of the lockout.
If you’re interested to see how optimistic things look from the eyes of an online bookkeeper, then it might interest you to know that they’re giving even odds that the Winter Classic will be canceled. Think that the Winter Classic will be saved? Those odds are 4/7.
Conversely, the odds of the NHL Thanksgiving Showdown proceeding as planned are even and the odds of it being canceled are 4/7.
Meanwhile, we aren’t likely to see regular season games canceled until Friday.
And as a side note, the odds of the Edmonton Oilers and the city coming to an arena agreement by the end of the year are a whopping 10/1. Want to bet on them not coming to terms this year? Sorry, it looks like that’s one bet that they won’t take.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 38
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 34
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 30
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (39)