Oct 3, 2012, 11:02 PM EDT
There aren’t any NHL games to bet on, so instead Bovada is giving people the option to bet on the length of the lockout.
If you’re interested to see how optimistic things look from the eyes of an online bookkeeper, then it might interest you to know that they’re giving even odds that the Winter Classic will be canceled. Think that the Winter Classic will be saved? Those odds are 4/7.
Conversely, the odds of the NHL Thanksgiving Showdown proceeding as planned are even and the odds of it being canceled are 4/7.
Meanwhile, we aren’t likely to see regular season games canceled until Friday.
And as a side note, the odds of the Edmonton Oilers and the city coming to an arena agreement by the end of the year are a whopping 10/1. Want to bet on them not coming to terms this year? Sorry, it looks like that’s one bet that they won’t take.
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 3
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 2
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 12
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)