Oct 3, 2012, 11:02 PM EDT
There aren’t any NHL games to bet on, so instead Bovada is giving people the option to bet on the length of the lockout.
If you’re interested to see how optimistic things look from the eyes of an online bookkeeper, then it might interest you to know that they’re giving even odds that the Winter Classic will be canceled. Think that the Winter Classic will be saved? Those odds are 4/7.
Conversely, the odds of the NHL Thanksgiving Showdown proceeding as planned are even and the odds of it being canceled are 4/7.
Meanwhile, we aren’t likely to see regular season games canceled until Friday.
And as a side note, the odds of the Edmonton Oilers and the city coming to an arena agreement by the end of the year are a whopping 10/1. Want to bet on them not coming to terms this year? Sorry, it looks like that’s one bet that they won’t take.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 12
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 11
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 39
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)