Oct 3, 2012, 8:17 PM EDT
New Jersey Devils netminder Johan Hedberg took part in the CBA negotiations on Friday and Sunday, according to The Bergen Record. If you’ve been following the site lately, then you know those talks were less than encouraging.
“I learned how to find 100 different words to say the same thing without saying anything,” Hedberg said.
That being said, he didn’t leave the talks with a completely negative view on how things are going. He said that the meetings were about the smaller issues rather than the elephant in the room. However, he pointed out that it was still “stuff that needs to be done to get the new CBA in order.”
Hedberg also felt there was some progress made, although “some issues were not as positive.”
At the end of the day, Hedberg doesn’t know how much longer the lockout will drag on for, but he might end up sitting in on more negotiating sessions before this is done.
- Report: Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 18
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 11
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 3
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 25
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 104
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 88
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (104)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (88)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)