Oct 3, 2012, 8:17 PM EDT
New Jersey Devils netminder Johan Hedberg took part in the CBA negotiations on Friday and Sunday, according to The Bergen Record. If you’ve been following the site lately, then you know those talks were less than encouraging.
“I learned how to find 100 different words to say the same thing without saying anything,” Hedberg said.
That being said, he didn’t leave the talks with a completely negative view on how things are going. He said that the meetings were about the smaller issues rather than the elephant in the room. However, he pointed out that it was still “stuff that needs to be done to get the new CBA in order.”
Hedberg also felt there was some progress made, although “some issues were not as positive.”
At the end of the day, Hedberg doesn’t know how much longer the lockout will drag on for, but he might end up sitting in on more negotiating sessions before this is done.
- Bruins scratch out OT win, push Red Wings to brink 15
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at L.A. Kings 0
- WATCH LIVE: Colorado Avalanche at Minnesota Wild (Game 4) 5
- Monster of a surprise: Red Wings start Gustavsson over Howard 5
- WATCH LIVE: Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (Game 4) 2
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 64
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 98
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 11
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 27
- Bergeron, Kopitar and Toews named Selke finalists 34
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Wild’s Cooke offered in-person hearing for knee-on-knee collision with Barrie (111)