Oct 3, 2012, 8:17 PM EDT
New Jersey Devils netminder Johan Hedberg took part in the CBA negotiations on Friday and Sunday, according to The Bergen Record. If you’ve been following the site lately, then you know those talks were less than encouraging.
“I learned how to find 100 different words to say the same thing without saying anything,” Hedberg said.
That being said, he didn’t leave the talks with a completely negative view on how things are going. He said that the meetings were about the smaller issues rather than the elephant in the room. However, he pointed out that it was still “stuff that needs to be done to get the new CBA in order.”
Hedberg also felt there was some progress made, although “some issues were not as positive.”
At the end of the day, Hedberg doesn’t know how much longer the lockout will drag on for, but he might end up sitting in on more negotiating sessions before this is done.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7