Oct 3, 2012, 5:31 PM EST
With the lockout dragging on, we’ve seen entire teams worth of locked-out NHL players join European squads.
Unless we get a new CBA soon, the exodus is likely to continue, but it sounds like Bobby Ryan will not be a part of it.
“I’m going to handle things the way I think things should be handled,” Ryan said, in a Courier-Post report. “I’m going to continue to skate with the guys … whether it’s coming back here (to South Jersey) for a couple weeks at a time … I think it’s important to stay here (in the United States) and be part of the solution and not just run from it.”
This isn’t the first time he’s dismissed the possibility of playing in Europe. Days before the lockout he said that he wouldn’t play there because he didn’t want to take someone else’s job. However, now he’s also implying that players that go to Europe aren’t “part of the solution.”
Ryan is no stranger to controversy. He previously got so frustrated with the trade rumors surrounding him that he said in an interview, “At this point, I don’t care. Move me.”
He later regretted those remarks.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)