Oct 3, 2012, 5:31 PM EDT
With the lockout dragging on, we’ve seen entire teams worth of locked-out NHL players join European squads.
Unless we get a new CBA soon, the exodus is likely to continue, but it sounds like Bobby Ryan will not be a part of it.
“I’m going to handle things the way I think things should be handled,” Ryan said, in a Courier-Post report. “I’m going to continue to skate with the guys … whether it’s coming back here (to South Jersey) for a couple weeks at a time … I think it’s important to stay here (in the United States) and be part of the solution and not just run from it.”
This isn’t the first time he’s dismissed the possibility of playing in Europe. Days before the lockout he said that he wouldn’t play there because he didn’t want to take someone else’s job. However, now he’s also implying that players that go to Europe aren’t “part of the solution.”
Ryan is no stranger to controversy. He previously got so frustrated with the trade rumors surrounding him that he said in an interview, “At this point, I don’t care. Move me.”
He later regretted those remarks.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 5
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 35
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 11
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 23
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)