Oct 3, 2012, 5:31 PM EST
With the lockout dragging on, we’ve seen entire teams worth of locked-out NHL players join European squads.
Unless we get a new CBA soon, the exodus is likely to continue, but it sounds like Bobby Ryan will not be a part of it.
“I’m going to handle things the way I think things should be handled,” Ryan said, in a Courier-Post report. “I’m going to continue to skate with the guys … whether it’s coming back here (to South Jersey) for a couple weeks at a time … I think it’s important to stay here (in the United States) and be part of the solution and not just run from it.”
This isn’t the first time he’s dismissed the possibility of playing in Europe. Days before the lockout he said that he wouldn’t play there because he didn’t want to take someone else’s job. However, now he’s also implying that players that go to Europe aren’t “part of the solution.”
Ryan is no stranger to controversy. He previously got so frustrated with the trade rumors surrounding him that he said in an interview, “At this point, I don’t care. Move me.”
He later regretted those remarks.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 152
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 119
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (181)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (119)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)