Oct 3, 2012, 5:31 PM EDT
With the lockout dragging on, we’ve seen entire teams worth of locked-out NHL players join European squads.
Unless we get a new CBA soon, the exodus is likely to continue, but it sounds like Bobby Ryan will not be a part of it.
“I’m going to handle things the way I think things should be handled,” Ryan said, in a Courier-Post report. “I’m going to continue to skate with the guys … whether it’s coming back here (to South Jersey) for a couple weeks at a time … I think it’s important to stay here (in the United States) and be part of the solution and not just run from it.”
This isn’t the first time he’s dismissed the possibility of playing in Europe. Days before the lockout he said that he wouldn’t play there because he didn’t want to take someone else’s job. However, now he’s also implying that players that go to Europe aren’t “part of the solution.”
Ryan is no stranger to controversy. He previously got so frustrated with the trade rumors surrounding him that he said in an interview, “At this point, I don’t care. Move me.”
He later regretted those remarks.
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 9
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 1
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 10
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 18
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 21
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 36
- Report: Johansen, Blue Jackets talking contract 7
- NHL waiting on World Cup announcement, Olympics decision 9
- Leiweke calls out ‘just terrible’ character of certain players in Leafs organization 30
- Crosby: Pens must ‘find a way to get over that hump’ 13
- Will future tweaks be enough to salvage NHL 15? (50)
- This Darcy Kuemper-Minnesota Wild situation doesn’t sound good (40)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker (39)
- The KHL’s really trying to mow Minnesota’s lawn (38)