Oct 3, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT
The “Bieksa’s Buddies” game will feature current members of the Canucks like Daniel and Henrik Sedin, Dan Hamhuis, Manny Malhotra, Max Lapierre, Cory Schneider, as well as former Vancouver defenseman Willie Mitchell, and others.
Bieksa’s team will take on the UBC Thunderbirds men’s squad.
Tickets are $20, with net proceeds going to charity.
“We understand that there are many people impacted by the NHL lockout and we know charities such as Canuck Place Children’s Hospice, Canucks Family Education Centre, and Canucks Autism Network need funds to continue operating their programs,” said Bieksa. “These organizations do great work for our community. It is important for my Buddies and I to lend a hand and with the help of the UBC Thunderbirds – we have the perfect opportunity to do so.”
The Canucks are still scheduled to kick off a five-game road trip the following night in Nashville, but somehow we doubt that will be an issue.
- Kings stave off elimination, force Game 5 against Sharks 16
- Wild hold off late Avalanche push to even series at 2-2 52
- Bruins scratch out OT win, push Red Wings to brink 42
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at L.A. Kings 0
- WATCH LIVE: Colorado Avalanche at Minnesota Wild (Game 4) 5
- Monster of a surprise: Red Wings start Gustavsson over Howard 5
- WATCH LIVE: Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (Game 4) 2
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 64
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 99
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 11
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Wild’s Cooke offered in-person hearing for knee-on-knee collision with Barrie (111)