Oct 3, 2012, 3:30 PM EST
The “Bieksa’s Buddies” game will feature current members of the Canucks like Daniel and Henrik Sedin, Dan Hamhuis, Manny Malhotra, Max Lapierre, Cory Schneider, as well as former Vancouver defenseman Willie Mitchell, and others.
Bieksa’s team will take on the UBC Thunderbirds men’s squad.
Tickets are $20, with net proceeds going to charity.
“We understand that there are many people impacted by the NHL lockout and we know charities such as Canuck Place Children’s Hospice, Canucks Family Education Centre, and Canucks Autism Network need funds to continue operating their programs,” said Bieksa. “These organizations do great work for our community. It is important for my Buddies and I to lend a hand and with the help of the UBC Thunderbirds – we have the perfect opportunity to do so.”
The Canucks are still scheduled to kick off a five-game road trip the following night in Nashville, but somehow we doubt that will be an issue.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 14
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 13
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 6
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8