Oct 3, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT
The “Bieksa’s Buddies” game will feature current members of the Canucks like Daniel and Henrik Sedin, Dan Hamhuis, Manny Malhotra, Max Lapierre, Cory Schneider, as well as former Vancouver defenseman Willie Mitchell, and others.
Bieksa’s team will take on the UBC Thunderbirds men’s squad.
Tickets are $20, with net proceeds going to charity.
“We understand that there are many people impacted by the NHL lockout and we know charities such as Canuck Place Children’s Hospice, Canucks Family Education Centre, and Canucks Autism Network need funds to continue operating their programs,” said Bieksa. “These organizations do great work for our community. It is important for my Buddies and I to lend a hand and with the help of the UBC Thunderbirds – we have the perfect opportunity to do so.”
The Canucks are still scheduled to kick off a five-game road trip the following night in Nashville, but somehow we doubt that will be an issue.
- Video: Red Wings’ fans show support for Gordie Howe 0
- Burrows suspended three games for ‘late hit to the head’ on Emelin 11
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 7
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 12
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 13
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 38
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 37
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)