Oct 2, 2012, 11:00 AM EST
Baertschi told the Flames’ Web site about his offseason goal to add muscle without sacrificing speed.
“You don’t want to get slow, you know?” Baertschi said. “You have to make sure you’re working on everything: speed, skill. All of that.”
The gritty-yet-skilled scorer has reportedly added around 10 lbs. to his frame, so it’ll be interesting to see if anything gets lost in the process.
Baertschi scored three goals in five games at the NHL level while lighting up the WHL (94 points in 47 games) when he wasn’t receiving big-time opportunities. He’s gearing up to jump to the AHL level next season, but he isn’t aiming for specific stats.
“I don’t set certain goals like, ‘I want to score 25 goals,’ – I just want to get better all-around as a hockey player, as a person,” Baertschi said. “When you try to improve your whole game, goals and points, they come. You have to do the little things right.”
Even if you’re not quite as little anymore.
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 9
- Trade: Montreal acquires Petry from Edmonton for two draft picks 19
- Bruins acquire Connolly from the Lightning for draft picks (Confirmed) 29
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 69
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (151)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)