Oct 2, 2012, 9:38 PM EDT
Patrice Bergeron will be joining HC Lugano of the Swiss League, according to Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com. He’ll team up with Ducks blueliner Luca Sbisa, who has already played a few games with the Swiss club.
Bergeron had 22 goals and 64 points in 2011-12 and captured the Selke Trophy in recognition of his defensive accomplishments.
He was poised to enter his second NHL campaign in 2004-05, but ended up with the AHL Providence Bruins because of the lockout. His time in the minors seemed to do him some good and he posted a career-high 73 points after the lockout compared to just 39 points in 2003-04.
This time around he’s entering the lockout as one of the Boston Bruins’ best and most expensive players. He’s in the middle season of his three-year, $15 million deal with the club.
- Discuss: Blackhawks push series to Game 6 10
- Report: Canucks ask Leafs permission to interview Eakins for head coaching gig 0
- Tortorella takes blame for top players’ struggles 12
- Discuss: Bruins finish off Rangers in Game 5 39
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 68
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 7
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 11
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 36
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 16
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 74
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- Play Video: Highlights: Blackhawks stay alive
- Play Video: Bickell blasts Kronwall
- Play Video: Toews scores first goal of the playoffs
- Play Video: Howard with a couple of tremendous saves in Game 5
- Play Video: Highlights: Bruins move onto Eastern Conference finals
- Play Video: Lundqvist takes one away from Lucic