Oct 2, 2012, 4:38 PM EDT
On a day where negative lockout news reigned, a positive occurred in Chicago.
Marian Hossa, who suffered a season-ending concussion in April, was back in the Windy City working out with several Blackhawks coaches.
According to CSN Chicago’s Tracey Myers, Hossa participated in an hour-long training regime on Tuesday, skating with conditioning coach Kevin Delaney. The veteran winger was “working out on a high level,” but declined an interview request following the session.
Hossa has been largely silent since suffering the concussion at the hands of Raffi Torres in Chicago’s opening-round playoff loss to the Coyotes.
The Slovak sniper spoke with the media in July — discussing the dark days that immediately followed the hit — in what was his last major interview regarding his health and recovery.
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 6
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 29
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)