Oct 2, 2012, 3:40 PM EDT
Even after today’s discouraging CBA talks between the NHL and NHLPA, Donald Fehr is hopeful negotiations can continue later this week (via Dan Rosen of NHL.com).
The union’s executive director also said he plans to speak with league commissioner Gary Bettman today or tomorrow.
So at the very least the two sides haven’t run to their rooms and slammed the doors shut.
Unfortunately, no amount of face-to-face time can guarantee progress. The NHL has said over and over that the players need to compromise – at this point, it’s practically begging the PA to present another proposal.
Meanwhile, the union has said there’s nothing keeping the league from presenting its own new proposal.
Anyway, here’s video of Fehr’s press conference, starting with the possibility of using mediation to help bring the sides together:
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 7
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 11
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 10
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 40
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 48
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 86
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 39
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 62
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)