Oct 2, 2012, 3:40 PM EST
Even after today’s discouraging CBA talks between the NHL and NHLPA, Donald Fehr is hopeful negotiations can continue later this week (via Dan Rosen of NHL.com).
The union’s executive director also said he plans to speak with league commissioner Gary Bettman today or tomorrow.
So at the very least the two sides haven’t run to their rooms and slammed the doors shut.
Unfortunately, no amount of face-to-face time can guarantee progress. The NHL has said over and over that the players need to compromise – at this point, it’s practically begging the PA to present another proposal.
Meanwhile, the union has said there’s nothing keeping the league from presenting its own new proposal.
Anyway, here’s video of Fehr’s press conference, starting with the possibility of using mediation to help bring the sides together:
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 4
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 9
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 24
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11