Oct 2, 2012, 11:25 PM EDT
Bickell took a step back last season with 24 points in 71 games with the Chicago Blackhawks after establishing himself as a regular in 2010-11.
This lockout comes at a critical point in his career. He’ll turn 27 in March and he’s scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent next summer. If the lockout ends in time to save the 2012-13 season, then a strong showing could prove to be the difference between being forced to test the UFA waters and a long-term extension.
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 4
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 11
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 12
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4