Oct 2, 2012, 11:25 PM EDT
Bickell took a step back last season with 24 points in 71 games with the Chicago Blackhawks after establishing himself as a regular in 2010-11.
This lockout comes at a critical point in his career. He’ll turn 27 in March and he’s scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent next summer. If the lockout ends in time to save the 2012-13 season, then a strong showing could prove to be the difference between being forced to test the UFA waters and a long-term extension.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20