Oct 2, 2012, 11:25 PM EST
Bickell took a step back last season with 24 points in 71 games with the Chicago Blackhawks after establishing himself as a regular in 2010-11.
This lockout comes at a critical point in his career. He’ll turn 27 in March and he’s scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent next summer. If the lockout ends in time to save the 2012-13 season, then a strong showing could prove to be the difference between being forced to test the UFA waters and a long-term extension.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 34
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 9
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 28