Oct 1, 2012, 2:48 PM EDT
It appears a weekend full of meetings didn’t alleviate the NHLPA’s frustrations.
In speaking with the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Penguins forward Craig Adams — the team’s union representative — said the PA wanted to continue the dialogue past the weekend, but the league rebuffed the idea.
“We asked the league to continue the meeting into Monday,” Adams said. “They said they couldn’t. The league wasn’t interested, I guess. They said they needed to do internal stuff. Hopefully we’ll meet again soon.”
Adams called the latest development “very frustrating” and added that little progress has been made. He also sounded concerned at the idea the two sides couldn’t even meet to discuss hockey related revenue, which still remains the biggest issue between the owners and players.
“I don’t know who suggested it to who that we only discuss the smaller things,” Adams said. “But, of course, both sides know it needs to get done at some point and that we need to talk about the big issues.”
While Adams’ frustrations (and voicing of said frustrations) are noteworthy, it must be pointed out that both sides have thrown around accusations of stalling during this process — so another one isn’t exactly groundbreaking.
It is, however, a telltale sign of fruitless negotiations.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 13
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 26
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)