Oct 1, 2012, 2:48 PM EDT
It appears a weekend full of meetings didn’t alleviate the NHLPA’s frustrations.
In speaking with the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Penguins forward Craig Adams — the team’s union representative — said the PA wanted to continue the dialogue past the weekend, but the league rebuffed the idea.
“We asked the league to continue the meeting into Monday,” Adams said. “They said they couldn’t. The league wasn’t interested, I guess. They said they needed to do internal stuff. Hopefully we’ll meet again soon.”
Adams called the latest development “very frustrating” and added that little progress has been made. He also sounded concerned at the idea the two sides couldn’t even meet to discuss hockey related revenue, which still remains the biggest issue between the owners and players.
“I don’t know who suggested it to who that we only discuss the smaller things,” Adams said. “But, of course, both sides know it needs to get done at some point and that we need to talk about the big issues.”
While Adams’ frustrations (and voicing of said frustrations) are noteworthy, it must be pointed out that both sides have thrown around accusations of stalling during this process — so another one isn’t exactly groundbreaking.
It is, however, a telltale sign of fruitless negotiations.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 2
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 7
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 18
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)