Oct 1, 2012, 2:48 PM EDT
It appears a weekend full of meetings didn’t alleviate the NHLPA’s frustrations.
In speaking with the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Penguins forward Craig Adams — the team’s union representative — said the PA wanted to continue the dialogue past the weekend, but the league rebuffed the idea.
“We asked the league to continue the meeting into Monday,” Adams said. “They said they couldn’t. The league wasn’t interested, I guess. They said they needed to do internal stuff. Hopefully we’ll meet again soon.”
Adams called the latest development “very frustrating” and added that little progress has been made. He also sounded concerned at the idea the two sides couldn’t even meet to discuss hockey related revenue, which still remains the biggest issue between the owners and players.
“I don’t know who suggested it to who that we only discuss the smaller things,” Adams said. “But, of course, both sides know it needs to get done at some point and that we need to talk about the big issues.”
While Adams’ frustrations (and voicing of said frustrations) are noteworthy, it must be pointed out that both sides have thrown around accusations of stalling during this process — so another one isn’t exactly groundbreaking.
It is, however, a telltale sign of fruitless negotiations.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 9
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 5
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 27
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 76
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)