Oct 1, 2012, 2:48 PM EDT
It appears a weekend full of meetings didn’t alleviate the NHLPA’s frustrations.
In speaking with the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Penguins forward Craig Adams — the team’s union representative — said the PA wanted to continue the dialogue past the weekend, but the league rebuffed the idea.
“We asked the league to continue the meeting into Monday,” Adams said. “They said they couldn’t. The league wasn’t interested, I guess. They said they needed to do internal stuff. Hopefully we’ll meet again soon.”
Adams called the latest development “very frustrating” and added that little progress has been made. He also sounded concerned at the idea the two sides couldn’t even meet to discuss hockey related revenue, which still remains the biggest issue between the owners and players.
“I don’t know who suggested it to who that we only discuss the smaller things,” Adams said. “But, of course, both sides know it needs to get done at some point and that we need to talk about the big issues.”
While Adams’ frustrations (and voicing of said frustrations) are noteworthy, it must be pointed out that both sides have thrown around accusations of stalling during this process — so another one isn’t exactly groundbreaking.
It is, however, a telltale sign of fruitless negotiations.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 18
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 10
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 40
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)