Oct 1, 2012, 5:20 PM EDT
The ECHL Alaska Aces don’t usually get much attention, but with the lockout dragging on, Alaskan-born NHLers are heading home to practice with the squad.
He’ll skate with Scott Gomez, Joey Crabb, and Nate Thompson — all natives of Anchorage. Dubinsky, like Gomez and Thompson, has inked a professional tryout contract. However, Crabb agreed to a standard contracts, so he’s expected to play with the Aces for the duration of the lockout.
Dubinsky has played in 393 career games with the New York Rangers, but he was sent to the Columbus Blue Jackets as part of the Rick Nash trade. He said he’s truly excited to join the Blue Jackets and sees it as a “great opportunity.”
Of course, he’ll have to wait for the lockout to end before he can make his Columbus debut.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (84)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)