Sep 30, 2012, 7:18 PM EST
While signs point to Monday being an off day for the two sides, an NHLPA source told Aaron Ward that the players are waiting on the league’s word on when to meet again.
After todays meeting and according to source, NHLPA waiting on League to indicate when they are willing to convene again. #TSN—
Aaron Ward (@aaronward_nhl) September 30, 2012
The owners’ side might make a similar claim about waiting on the players before they meet again.
“We need them to be scheduled as a subject of a meeting,” Daly said. “Right now the Union is not prepared to do that.”
Here are a couple ways to perceive those comments:
- They’re both pointing fingers at each other regarding who will make the next meeting/budge first.
- If you want to be hyper-literal, perhaps this means that the players are waiting on the owners to set the next meeting … unless it’s about money. (In that scenario, the roles would then reverse.)
Either way, it’s difficult to gauge how much – if any – progress was made after those weekend meetings.
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 7
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 3
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 9
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 20
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56
- Eakins calls for patience in Edmonton, whether fans ‘like it or not’ 15