Sep 30, 2012, 7:18 PM EST
While signs point to Monday being an off day for the two sides, an NHLPA source told Aaron Ward that the players are waiting on the league’s word on when to meet again.
After todays meeting and according to source, NHLPA waiting on League to indicate when they are willing to convene again. #TSN—
Aaron Ward (@aaronward_nhl) September 30, 2012
The owners’ side might make a similar claim about waiting on the players before they meet again.
“We need them to be scheduled as a subject of a meeting,” Daly said. “Right now the Union is not prepared to do that.”
Here are a couple ways to perceive those comments:
- They’re both pointing fingers at each other regarding who will make the next meeting/budge first.
- If you want to be hyper-literal, perhaps this means that the players are waiting on the owners to set the next meeting … unless it’s about money. (In that scenario, the roles would then reverse.)
Either way, it’s difficult to gauge how much – if any – progress was made after those weekend meetings.
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 24
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 10
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 39
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 48
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 13
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Can battered, slumping Stars rise above Blackhawks? 8
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (48)
- Video: Malkin, Penguins win wild, controversial one over Leafs (40)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (39)
- ‘It’s like Groundhog Day’: Schneider frustrated about backing up Brodeur (35)