Sep 30, 2012, 7:18 PM EDT
While signs point to Monday being an off day for the two sides, an NHLPA source told Aaron Ward that the players are waiting on the league’s word on when to meet again.
After todays meeting and according to source, NHLPA waiting on League to indicate when they are willing to convene again. #TSN—
Aaron Ward (@aaronward_nhl) September 30, 2012
The owners’ side might make a similar claim about waiting on the players before they meet again.
“We need them to be scheduled as a subject of a meeting,” Daly said. “Right now the Union is not prepared to do that.”
Here are a couple ways to perceive those comments:
- They’re both pointing fingers at each other regarding who will make the next meeting/budge first.
- If you want to be hyper-literal, perhaps this means that the players are waiting on the owners to set the next meeting … unless it’s about money. (In that scenario, the roles would then reverse.)
Either way, it’s difficult to gauge how much – if any – progress was made after those weekend meetings.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (50)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)