Sep 30, 2012, 7:18 PM EDT
While signs point to Monday being an off day for the two sides, an NHLPA source told Aaron Ward that the players are waiting on the league’s word on when to meet again.
After todays meeting and according to source, NHLPA waiting on League to indicate when they are willing to convene again. #TSN—
Aaron Ward (@aaronward_nhl) September 30, 2012
The owners’ side might make a similar claim about waiting on the players before they meet again.
“We need them to be scheduled as a subject of a meeting,” Daly said. “Right now the Union is not prepared to do that.”
Here are a couple ways to perceive those comments:
- They’re both pointing fingers at each other regarding who will make the next meeting/budge first.
- If you want to be hyper-literal, perhaps this means that the players are waiting on the owners to set the next meeting … unless it’s about money. (In that scenario, the roles would then reverse.)
Either way, it’s difficult to gauge how much – if any – progress was made after those weekend meetings.
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 3
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22