Sep 30, 2012, 11:31 AM EDT
Sunday’s CBA negotiations between the union and league have recently got underway, but we already have some encouraging news. It seems likely that the two sides will meet for a fourth consecutive day on Monday, according to Renaud P Lavoie and Katie Strang.
It’s still not confirmed that the Monday negotiating session will even happen, but Lavoie suggested that they will include HRR talks. The division of hockey-related revenue is one of the major issues standing in the way of a new CBA.
The new series of talks began on Friday, but they initially avoided the core economic issues and instead focused on things like player health and safety issues.
On Saturday they had what the NHLPA’s Steve Fehr referred to as a “frank exchange of views” regarding the definition of hockey-related revenue. As union boss Donald Fehr pointed out, solidifying the definition of HRR is significant because it gives them an indication of how big of a pie they’re splitting.
Donald Fehr and NHL commissioner Gary Bettman also met privately on Friday and Saturday.
We should have more information and possibly confirmation of their intentions regarding Monday later this afternoon.
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 9
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 16
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 55
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 86
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (88)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- CSN: Tiger admits he and Sergio don't get along
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings top Blackhawks in Game 3
- Play Video: Cleary: 'We won't be exchanging Christmas cards'
- Play Video: 'Hawks potential tying goal waved off
- Play Video: Blackhawks score on controversial play
- Play Video: Blackhawks bring the pain
- Play Video: Red Wings and BlackHawks fighting for control