Sep 30, 2012, 2:20 PM EDT
Strozyk reports that Read’s the sixth NHL player to join Allsvenskan, which is the second-highest tier of Swedish hockey.
Read had a fantastic rookie season with 24 goals and 47 points in 79 games with the Philadelphia Flyers. Playing in Sweden will give him an opportunity to stay sharp so that he’ll be ready if the NHLPA and NHL agree to a new CBA in time to save the 2012-13 campaign.
Read will be joining another standout from the 2011-12 rookie class: Carl Hagelin. Unlike Read, who was born in Ontario, Hagelin will be using the lockout as an opportunity to play for his hometown team.
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 18
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13