Sep 30, 2012, 2:20 PM EDT
Strozyk reports that Read’s the sixth NHL player to join Allsvenskan, which is the second-highest tier of Swedish hockey.
Read had a fantastic rookie season with 24 goals and 47 points in 79 games with the Philadelphia Flyers. Playing in Sweden will give him an opportunity to stay sharp so that he’ll be ready if the NHLPA and NHL agree to a new CBA in time to save the 2012-13 campaign.
Read will be joining another standout from the 2011-12 rookie class: Carl Hagelin. Unlike Read, who was born in Ontario, Hagelin will be using the lockout as an opportunity to play for his hometown team.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 69
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)