Sep 30, 2012, 6:12 PM EST
The NHL and NHLPA won’t meet on Monday after a series of weekend meetings, but league executive Bill Daly insisted to reporters such as Dan Rosen that discussions haven’t broken off.
Despite covering subjects other than pivotal economic issues, Daly told Michael Grange that the sides merely need to do their “homework” after those discussions.
“It’s not like negotiations have broken off; we’re not meeting Monday because we each have homework to do on what we discussed here,” Daly said.
Much of the post-meeting comments leaned toward finding a silver lining, such as when Steve Fehr said that merely maintaining communication is a sign of progress.
The most notable bit of finger-pointing/spin-doctoring came when Daly commented on the absence of another money-related meeting, via Rosen:
“We need them to be scheduled as a subject of a meeting,” Daly said. “Right now the Union is not prepared to do that.”
Hopefully the two sides won’t procrastinate on that homework, then.
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 1
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 16
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)