Sep 29, 2012, 11:22 AM EST
“The decision was made that Jeff could go to Charlotte at some point in time but not necessarily at this time,” Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford said, according to the Raleigh News & Observer.
Part of the reason Skinner will not be playing in the AHL is because of the concussion that forced him to miss 16 games last season. Rutherford didn’t see the need for Skinner to take part in preseason games with the Checkers. Another problem is that Charlotte will play on the road quite a bit at the start of the season.
“All of those things factored into the course we took,” Rutherford said.
Skinner still has the option to join Charlotte at another time if the lockout drags on.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 68
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 90
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 101
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 7
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (115)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (102)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (90)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)