Sep 29, 2012, 11:22 AM EDT
“The decision was made that Jeff could go to Charlotte at some point in time but not necessarily at this time,” Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford said, according to the Raleigh News & Observer.
Part of the reason Skinner will not be playing in the AHL is because of the concussion that forced him to miss 16 games last season. Rutherford didn’t see the need for Skinner to take part in preseason games with the Checkers. Another problem is that Charlotte will play on the road quite a bit at the start of the season.
“All of those things factored into the course we took,” Rutherford said.
Skinner still has the option to join Charlotte at another time if the lockout drags on.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 45
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5