Sep 29, 2012, 11:22 AM EDT
“The decision was made that Jeff could go to Charlotte at some point in time but not necessarily at this time,” Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford said, according to the Raleigh News & Observer.
Part of the reason Skinner will not be playing in the AHL is because of the concussion that forced him to miss 16 games last season. Rutherford didn’t see the need for Skinner to take part in preseason games with the Checkers. Another problem is that Charlotte will play on the road quite a bit at the start of the season.
“All of those things factored into the course we took,” Rutherford said.
Skinner still has the option to join Charlotte at another time if the lockout drags on.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 70
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)