Sep 29, 2012, 11:22 AM EDT
“The decision was made that Jeff could go to Charlotte at some point in time but not necessarily at this time,” Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford said, according to the Raleigh News & Observer.
Part of the reason Skinner will not be playing in the AHL is because of the concussion that forced him to miss 16 games last season. Rutherford didn’t see the need for Skinner to take part in preseason games with the Checkers. Another problem is that Charlotte will play on the road quite a bit at the start of the season.
“All of those things factored into the course we took,” Rutherford said.
Skinner still has the option to join Charlotte at another time if the lockout drags on.
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 7
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 12
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 20
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)