Sep 29, 2012, 7:53 PM EST
A revised version of the Phoenix Coyotes’ arena lease arrangement will be presented to Glendale’s city council on Tuesday, according to The Globe & Mail.
As discussed before, this setup would reduce the amount of money that would go to prospective owner Greg Jamison in the first five years.
For those who are click-averse, the city would pay Jamison $72 million instead of $97 million in the first five years that he would run the Coyotes. Meanwhile, the remaining 15 years of the agreement would include higher payments to match the value of the $324 million lease.
To be more specific, The Globe & Mail reports that Jamison will receive $12 or $13 million instead of $17 million during the 2013 fiscal year to help manage the team.
Whether this revised lease plan is well-received or not, a verdict isn’t expected on Tuesday. The upcoming gathering is just considered a “workshop” instead of an official meeting.
The next official meeting will happen on Oct. 9, then, according to David Shoalts.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 0
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 87
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 98
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 7
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (100)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (100)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (89)