Sep 29, 2012, 2:20 PM EST
Sodertalje was relegated to HockeyAllsvenskan in 2011, which means that they’re now playing in the second highest tier of Swedish hockey.
Hagelin began his pro career last season after spending four seasons with the University of Michigan. He ended up with 14 goals and 38 points in 64 games with the New York Rangers. He ranked sixth among all rookies in points and lead the rookie class with a plus-21 rating.
He got a healthy amount of playing time during the Rangers’ run to the Eastern Conference finals and is expected to continue to play a significant role with New York when the lockout ends.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35