Sep 29, 2012, 2:20 PM EDT
Sodertalje was relegated to HockeyAllsvenskan in 2011, which means that they’re now playing in the second highest tier of Swedish hockey.
Hagelin began his pro career last season after spending four seasons with the University of Michigan. He ended up with 14 goals and 38 points in 64 games with the New York Rangers. He ranked sixth among all rookies in points and lead the rookie class with a plus-21 rating.
He got a healthy amount of playing time during the Rangers’ run to the Eastern Conference finals and is expected to continue to play a significant role with New York when the lockout ends.
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- The King is back: Lundqvist starts for Rangers Saturday 3
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 16
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 58
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)