Sep 29, 2012, 2:20 PM EDT
Sodertalje was relegated to HockeyAllsvenskan in 2011, which means that they’re now playing in the second highest tier of Swedish hockey.
Hagelin began his pro career last season after spending four seasons with the University of Michigan. He ended up with 14 goals and 38 points in 64 games with the New York Rangers. He ranked sixth among all rookies in points and lead the rookie class with a plus-21 rating.
He got a healthy amount of playing time during the Rangers’ run to the Eastern Conference finals and is expected to continue to play a significant role with New York when the lockout ends.
- Video: Drouin scores first NHL goal, shows early chemistry with Stamkos 1
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 11
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 25
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 18
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 17
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 9
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 31
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)