Sep 29, 2012, 2:20 PM EDT
Sodertalje was relegated to HockeyAllsvenskan in 2011, which means that they’re now playing in the second highest tier of Swedish hockey.
Hagelin began his pro career last season after spending four seasons with the University of Michigan. He ended up with 14 goals and 38 points in 64 games with the New York Rangers. He ranked sixth among all rookies in points and lead the rookie class with a plus-21 rating.
He got a healthy amount of playing time during the Rangers’ run to the Eastern Conference finals and is expected to continue to play a significant role with New York when the lockout ends.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7