Sep 29, 2012, 5:05 PM EST
Defenseman Dougie Hamilton is playing for the OHL Niagara IceDogs and goaltender Malcolm Subban has gotten off to a hot start with the OHL Belleville Bulls. However, both could end up reporting to the Boston Bruins’ camp if the 2012-13 campaign is saved.
“They made an amendment to the NHL’s agreement with the Canadian Hockey League that will allow us to extract at the very least [Dougie] at the time of camp,” said Chiarelli in a CSNNE report. “There are a small number of players per team you can take because we have to be fair to the CHL teams as well.”
Chiarelli also said that Subban might end up reporting to the Bruins’ camp, but only if there’s a “catastrophic injury.” The Bruins projected goaltending duo of Tuukka Rask and Anton Khudobin are both playing overseas during the lockout.
At this point, any scenario that leads to a 2012-13 campaign will probably only involve a shortened preseason, which means teams will likely limit invitations to those that have a legitimate shot of making the squad. 2011 first-round pick Hamilton certainly qualifies after recording 72 points in 50 OHL games last season.
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 1
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 40
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (40)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (37)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)