Sep 29, 2012, 5:05 PM EDT
Defenseman Dougie Hamilton is playing for the OHL Niagara IceDogs and goaltender Malcolm Subban has gotten off to a hot start with the OHL Belleville Bulls. However, both could end up reporting to the Boston Bruins’ camp if the 2012-13 campaign is saved.
“They made an amendment to the NHL’s agreement with the Canadian Hockey League that will allow us to extract at the very least [Dougie] at the time of camp,” said Chiarelli in a CSNNE report. “There are a small number of players per team you can take because we have to be fair to the CHL teams as well.”
Chiarelli also said that Subban might end up reporting to the Bruins’ camp, but only if there’s a “catastrophic injury.” The Bruins projected goaltending duo of Tuukka Rask and Anton Khudobin are both playing overseas during the lockout.
At this point, any scenario that leads to a 2012-13 campaign will probably only involve a shortened preseason, which means teams will likely limit invitations to those that have a legitimate shot of making the squad. 2011 first-round pick Hamilton certainly qualifies after recording 72 points in 50 OHL games last season.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 7
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 56
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (56)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)