Sep 29, 2012, 5:05 PM EDT
Defenseman Dougie Hamilton is playing for the OHL Niagara IceDogs and goaltender Malcolm Subban has gotten off to a hot start with the OHL Belleville Bulls. However, both could end up reporting to the Boston Bruins’ camp if the 2012-13 campaign is saved.
“They made an amendment to the NHL’s agreement with the Canadian Hockey League that will allow us to extract at the very least [Dougie] at the time of camp,” said Chiarelli in a CSNNE report. “There are a small number of players per team you can take because we have to be fair to the CHL teams as well.”
Chiarelli also said that Subban might end up reporting to the Bruins’ camp, but only if there’s a “catastrophic injury.” The Bruins projected goaltending duo of Tuukka Rask and Anton Khudobin are both playing overseas during the lockout.
At this point, any scenario that leads to a 2012-13 campaign will probably only involve a shortened preseason, which means teams will likely limit invitations to those that have a legitimate shot of making the squad. 2011 first-round pick Hamilton certainly qualifies after recording 72 points in 50 OHL games last season.
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 0
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 8
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 2
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 30
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 32
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 24
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)