Sep 28, 2012, 9:45 AM EST
While fans in Minnesota are champing at the bit to see Zach Parise don a Wild sweater and try to lead their team to glory, the lockout has him exploring alternatives.
“Keeping our fingers crossed,” Parise said. “I think every one’s still in a holding pattern waiting to see where this is going, but at some point, you have to worry about yourself and make sure you’re ready to play.”
Parise isn’t itching to leave for Switzerland, but when it comes down to it, if it’s not looking like a new CBA is going to be hammered out, he’ll have his choice of teams to sign with. That sounds an awful lot like how Parise’s summer of free agency went.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 57
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12