Sep 28, 2012, 10:34 AM EDT
Islanders fans might want to get familiar with SC Bern.
Streit and Tavares will be joined by another locked-out NHLer, Nashville’s Roman Josi, on a Bern team that should be very interesting to watch this season.
Bern is also home to ex-NHLer Byron Ritchie, who played over 300 games in a 10-year career spent in Carolina, Florida, Calgary and Vancouver.
While the Swiss league lacks the number of transports headed to the KHL, its talent level is almost on par. NHLers currently signed on to appear in the National A League include Joe Thornton, Rick Nash, Tyler Seguin, Jason Spezza, Brooks Laich, Max Pacioretty, Tyler Ennis and Logan Couture.
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 6
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 19
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 10
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 8
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 17
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 36
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 24
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 25
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)