Sep 28, 2012, 10:34 AM EST
Islanders fans might want to get familiar with SC Bern.
Streit and Tavares will be joined by another locked-out NHLer, Nashville’s Roman Josi, on a Bern team that should be very interesting to watch this season.
Bern is also home to ex-NHLer Byron Ritchie, who played over 300 games in a 10-year career spent in Carolina, Florida, Calgary and Vancouver.
While the Swiss league lacks the number of transports headed to the KHL, its talent level is almost on par. NHLers currently signed on to appear in the National A League include Joe Thornton, Rick Nash, Tyler Seguin, Jason Spezza, Brooks Laich, Max Pacioretty, Tyler Ennis and Logan Couture.
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 2
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 19
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 27
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 9
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 35
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)