Sep 28, 2012, 10:34 AM EST
Islanders fans might want to get familiar with SC Bern.
Streit and Tavares will be joined by another locked-out NHLer, Nashville’s Roman Josi, on a Bern team that should be very interesting to watch this season.
Bern is also home to ex-NHLer Byron Ritchie, who played over 300 games in a 10-year career spent in Carolina, Florida, Calgary and Vancouver.
While the Swiss league lacks the number of transports headed to the KHL, its talent level is almost on par. NHLers currently signed on to appear in the National A League include Joe Thornton, Rick Nash, Tyler Seguin, Jason Spezza, Brooks Laich, Max Pacioretty, Tyler Ennis and Logan Couture.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 30
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 3
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 12
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 24
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 51
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)