Sep 28, 2012, 10:34 AM EDT
Islanders fans might want to get familiar with SC Bern.
Streit and Tavares will be joined by another locked-out NHLer, Nashville’s Roman Josi, on a Bern team that should be very interesting to watch this season.
Bern is also home to ex-NHLer Byron Ritchie, who played over 300 games in a 10-year career spent in Carolina, Florida, Calgary and Vancouver.
While the Swiss league lacks the number of transports headed to the KHL, its talent level is almost on par. NHLers currently signed on to appear in the National A League include Joe Thornton, Rick Nash, Tyler Seguin, Jason Spezza, Brooks Laich, Max Pacioretty, Tyler Ennis and Logan Couture.
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 5
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 12
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)