Sep 28, 2012, 6:32 PM EDT
Scott Gomez has agreed to a professional tryout with the ECHL Alaska Aces, but it looks like that’s as far as his involvement with the team will go this season.
Gomez was born in Anchorage, Alaska and decided to spend the 2004-05 lockout with the ECHL club. He had 86 points in 61 games that season and was named the league’s MVP.
It’s not clear where he intends to play if the lockout drags on or if he’ll simply train without making a commitment to a team.
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 20
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 29
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 30
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 53
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)