Sep 28, 2012, 6:32 PM EST
Scott Gomez has agreed to a professional tryout with the ECHL Alaska Aces, but it looks like that’s as far as his involvement with the team will go this season.
Gomez was born in Anchorage, Alaska and decided to spend the 2004-05 lockout with the ECHL club. He had 86 points in 61 games that season and was named the league’s MVP.
It’s not clear where he intends to play if the lockout drags on or if he’ll simply train without making a commitment to a team.
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 20
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 27
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 6
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)