Sep 28, 2012, 6:32 PM EDT
Scott Gomez has agreed to a professional tryout with the ECHL Alaska Aces, but it looks like that’s as far as his involvement with the team will go this season.
Gomez was born in Anchorage, Alaska and decided to spend the 2004-05 lockout with the ECHL club. He had 86 points in 61 games that season and was named the league’s MVP.
It’s not clear where he intends to play if the lockout drags on or if he’ll simply train without making a commitment to a team.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 75
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 33
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (94)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (75)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)