Sep 28, 2012, 6:32 PM EST
Scott Gomez has agreed to a professional tryout with the ECHL Alaska Aces, but it looks like that’s as far as his involvement with the team will go this season.
Gomez was born in Anchorage, Alaska and decided to spend the 2004-05 lockout with the ECHL club. He had 86 points in 61 games that season and was named the league’s MVP.
It’s not clear where he intends to play if the lockout drags on or if he’ll simply train without making a commitment to a team.
- Steen, Blues hold on against Ovechkin, Capitals 4
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 15
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 4
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 24
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 15
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 29