Sep 28, 2012, 9:40 PM EDT
It’s not clear at this point how much time he’ll miss due to the injury, but Resnick said he was taken out of the contest for precautionary reasons. Resnick also wanted to kill the speculation that Nash suffered a head injury rather than a shoulder problem.
The nightmare scenario for any NHL player in Europe is that they’ll suffer a significant injury during the lockout.
Prior to the lockout, the NHLPA sent a memo to the players with a warning that NHL clubs were likely to suspend them without pay if they got hurt while playing overseas. For that reason, the union recommended that players insure their contracts.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)