Sep 28, 2012, 9:40 PM EST
It’s not clear at this point how much time he’ll miss due to the injury, but Resnick said he was taken out of the contest for precautionary reasons. Resnick also wanted to kill the speculation that Nash suffered a head injury rather than a shoulder problem.
The nightmare scenario for any NHL player in Europe is that they’ll suffer a significant injury during the lockout.
Prior to the lockout, the NHLPA sent a memo to the players with a warning that NHL clubs were likely to suspend them without pay if they got hurt while playing overseas. For that reason, the union recommended that players insure their contracts.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 16
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 16
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 7
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8