Sep 28, 2012, 9:40 PM EST
It’s not clear at this point how much time he’ll miss due to the injury, but Resnick said he was taken out of the contest for precautionary reasons. Resnick also wanted to kill the speculation that Nash suffered a head injury rather than a shoulder problem.
The nightmare scenario for any NHL player in Europe is that they’ll suffer a significant injury during the lockout.
Prior to the lockout, the NHLPA sent a memo to the players with a warning that NHL clubs were likely to suspend them without pay if they got hurt while playing overseas. For that reason, the union recommended that players insure their contracts.
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 13
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 19
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 17
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 61
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 28
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (63)
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)