Sep 28, 2012, 9:40 PM EDT
It’s not clear at this point how much time he’ll miss due to the injury, but Resnick said he was taken out of the contest for precautionary reasons. Resnick also wanted to kill the speculation that Nash suffered a head injury rather than a shoulder problem.
The nightmare scenario for any NHL player in Europe is that they’ll suffer a significant injury during the lockout.
Prior to the lockout, the NHLPA sent a memo to the players with a warning that NHL clubs were likely to suspend them without pay if they got hurt while playing overseas. For that reason, the union recommended that players insure their contracts.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)