Sep 28, 2012, 9:40 PM EST
It’s not clear at this point how much time he’ll miss due to the injury, but Resnick said he was taken out of the contest for precautionary reasons. Resnick also wanted to kill the speculation that Nash suffered a head injury rather than a shoulder problem.
The nightmare scenario for any NHL player in Europe is that they’ll suffer a significant injury during the lockout.
Prior to the lockout, the NHLPA sent a memo to the players with a warning that NHL clubs were likely to suspend them without pay if they got hurt while playing overseas. For that reason, the union recommended that players insure their contracts.
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 21
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updayed) 36
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 58
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 33
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 56
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 165
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (165)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand (61)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)