Sep 28, 2012, 7:32 PM EDT
Greg Jamison hasn’t given up on his quest to purchase the Phoenix Coyotes, according to John Shannon, despite the rumors you might have heard.
Glendale’s interim City Manager Horatio Skeete wants the prospective Coyotes buyer to accept a restructured arena payment plan before he can secure the lease needed to purchase the team.
The city has also laid out three budget scenarios involving the team. The Phoenix Coyotes moving was one of them, but none included the city accepting the old arena plan.
This is just the latest in an exhausting string of problems that has led to the Coyotes’ ownership situation being in limbo for years. Jamison reportedly secured the financing necessary to move forward weeks ago, but the issue with Jobing.com Arena’s leasing seems to have complicated the situation.
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 1
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 20
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 23
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 39
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 39
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)