Sep 28, 2012, 7:32 PM EDT
Greg Jamison hasn’t given up on his quest to purchase the Phoenix Coyotes, according to John Shannon, despite the rumors you might have heard.
Glendale’s interim City Manager Horatio Skeete wants the prospective Coyotes buyer to accept a restructured arena payment plan before he can secure the lease needed to purchase the team.
The city has also laid out three budget scenarios involving the team. The Phoenix Coyotes moving was one of them, but none included the city accepting the old arena plan.
This is just the latest in an exhausting string of problems that has led to the Coyotes’ ownership situation being in limbo for years. Jamison reportedly secured the financing necessary to move forward weeks ago, but the issue with Jobing.com Arena’s leasing seems to have complicated the situation.
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 33
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 5
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 31
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 98
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)