Sep 28, 2012, 7:32 PM EDT
Greg Jamison hasn’t given up on his quest to purchase the Phoenix Coyotes, according to John Shannon, despite the rumors you might have heard.
Glendale’s interim City Manager Horatio Skeete wants the prospective Coyotes buyer to accept a restructured arena payment plan before he can secure the lease needed to purchase the team.
The city has also laid out three budget scenarios involving the team. The Phoenix Coyotes moving was one of them, but none included the city accepting the old arena plan.
This is just the latest in an exhausting string of problems that has led to the Coyotes’ ownership situation being in limbo for years. Jamison reportedly secured the financing necessary to move forward weeks ago, but the issue with Jobing.com Arena’s leasing seems to have complicated the situation.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 26
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50