Sep 28, 2012, 7:32 PM EDT
Greg Jamison hasn’t given up on his quest to purchase the Phoenix Coyotes, according to John Shannon, despite the rumors you might have heard.
Glendale’s interim City Manager Horatio Skeete wants the prospective Coyotes buyer to accept a restructured arena payment plan before he can secure the lease needed to purchase the team.
The city has also laid out three budget scenarios involving the team. The Phoenix Coyotes moving was one of them, but none included the city accepting the old arena plan.
This is just the latest in an exhausting string of problems that has led to the Coyotes’ ownership situation being in limbo for years. Jamison reportedly secured the financing necessary to move forward weeks ago, but the issue with Jobing.com Arena’s leasing seems to have complicated the situation.
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 0
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 52
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 51
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 54
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Panthers re-sign Kulikov: three years, $13 million 6
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him 77
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)