Sep 28, 2012, 7:32 PM EDT
Greg Jamison hasn’t given up on his quest to purchase the Phoenix Coyotes, according to John Shannon, despite the rumors you might have heard.
Glendale’s interim City Manager Horatio Skeete wants the prospective Coyotes buyer to accept a restructured arena payment plan before he can secure the lease needed to purchase the team.
The city has also laid out three budget scenarios involving the team. The Phoenix Coyotes moving was one of them, but none included the city accepting the old arena plan.
This is just the latest in an exhausting string of problems that has led to the Coyotes’ ownership situation being in limbo for years. Jamison reportedly secured the financing necessary to move forward weeks ago, but the issue with Jobing.com Arena’s leasing seems to have complicated the situation.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 35
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25