Sep 27, 2012, 11:04 PM EDT
Team Montreal beat out Team Quebec 7-4 as Talbot and Pominville each scored two goals. The game featured a host of talent who call Quebec home as well as many members of the Montreal Canadiens. Guys like Simon Gagne, Brian Gionta, Andrei Markov, Alex Burrows, and Corey Crawford were among those who suited up.
With 20 NHL players involved in the exhibition and tickets going off at $20 a pop, the game sold out at a small arena in Chateauguay. With Talbot and Bruno Gervais organizing the barnstorming event, there are two more games set to happen next week.
So far, so good for the independently organized event and now you wonder if perhaps players elsewhere will be inspired to do the same elsewhere should the lockout drag on for a while.
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 24
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 14
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 46
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 51
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 29
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10