Sep 27, 2012, 11:04 PM EDT
Team Montreal beat out Team Quebec 7-4 as Talbot and Pominville each scored two goals. The game featured a host of talent who call Quebec home as well as many members of the Montreal Canadiens. Guys like Simon Gagne, Brian Gionta, Andrei Markov, Alex Burrows, and Corey Crawford were among those who suited up.
With 20 NHL players involved in the exhibition and tickets going off at $20 a pop, the game sold out at a small arena in Chateauguay. With Talbot and Bruno Gervais organizing the barnstorming event, there are two more games set to happen next week.
So far, so good for the independently organized event and now you wonder if perhaps players elsewhere will be inspired to do the same elsewhere should the lockout drag on for a while.
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 2
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 3
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)