Sep 27, 2012, 11:04 PM EDT
Team Montreal beat out Team Quebec 7-4 as Talbot and Pominville each scored two goals. The game featured a host of talent who call Quebec home as well as many members of the Montreal Canadiens. Guys like Simon Gagne, Brian Gionta, Andrei Markov, Alex Burrows, and Corey Crawford were among those who suited up.
With 20 NHL players involved in the exhibition and tickets going off at $20 a pop, the game sold out at a small arena in Chateauguay. With Talbot and Bruno Gervais organizing the barnstorming event, there are two more games set to happen next week.
So far, so good for the independently organized event and now you wonder if perhaps players elsewhere will be inspired to do the same elsewhere should the lockout drag on for a while.
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 0
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22