Sep 27, 2012, 11:04 PM EDT
Team Montreal beat out Team Quebec 7-4 as Talbot and Pominville each scored two goals. The game featured a host of talent who call Quebec home as well as many members of the Montreal Canadiens. Guys like Simon Gagne, Brian Gionta, Andrei Markov, Alex Burrows, and Corey Crawford were among those who suited up.
With 20 NHL players involved in the exhibition and tickets going off at $20 a pop, the game sold out at a small arena in Chateauguay. With Talbot and Bruno Gervais organizing the barnstorming event, there are two more games set to happen next week.
So far, so good for the independently organized event and now you wonder if perhaps players elsewhere will be inspired to do the same elsewhere should the lockout drag on for a while.
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 22
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 46
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 78
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 9
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 11
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Heat force Game 7
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL