Sep 27, 2012, 11:04 PM EST
Team Montreal beat out Team Quebec 7-4 as Talbot and Pominville each scored two goals. The game featured a host of talent who call Quebec home as well as many members of the Montreal Canadiens. Guys like Simon Gagne, Brian Gionta, Andrei Markov, Alex Burrows, and Corey Crawford were among those who suited up.
With 20 NHL players involved in the exhibition and tickets going off at $20 a pop, the game sold out at a small arena in Chateauguay. With Talbot and Bruno Gervais organizing the barnstorming event, there are two more games set to happen next week.
So far, so good for the independently organized event and now you wonder if perhaps players elsewhere will be inspired to do the same elsewhere should the lockout drag on for a while.
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 0
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 8
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 17
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15