Sep 27, 2012, 3:31 PM EDT
The NHL announced Thursday that its remaining preseason schedule has been canceled.
On Sept. 19, the league announced the cancellation of its first 60 exhibition games, which included the Frozen Fury (annual LA Kings game in Las Vegas) and games in Boise, Baltimore and Regina.
The latest round of cancellations wipes out the Rangers-Kings affair in Kansas City (Oct. 6) and the New York Islanders-New Jersey Devils game at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center (which was rumored to be dead, now official.)
The exhibition campaign was set to begin on Sept. 23 and run through Oct. 7.
All told, the league has canceled 106 preseason games.
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 3
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 23
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 38
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)