Sep 27, 2012, 3:31 PM EST
The NHL announced Thursday that its remaining preseason schedule has been canceled.
On Sept. 19, the league announced the cancellation of its first 60 exhibition games, which included the Frozen Fury (annual LA Kings game in Las Vegas) and games in Boise, Baltimore and Regina.
The latest round of cancellations wipes out the Rangers-Kings affair in Kansas City (Oct. 6) and the New York Islanders-New Jersey Devils game at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center (which was rumored to be dead, now official.)
The exhibition campaign was set to begin on Sept. 23 and run through Oct. 7.
All told, the league has canceled 106 preseason games.
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 12
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 104
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 16
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (104)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)