Sep 27, 2012, 3:31 PM EDT
The NHL announced Thursday that its remaining preseason schedule has been canceled.
On Sept. 19, the league announced the cancellation of its first 60 exhibition games, which included the Frozen Fury (annual LA Kings game in Las Vegas) and games in Boise, Baltimore and Regina.
The latest round of cancellations wipes out the Rangers-Kings affair in Kansas City (Oct. 6) and the New York Islanders-New Jersey Devils game at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center (which was rumored to be dead, now official.)
The exhibition campaign was set to begin on Sept. 23 and run through Oct. 7.
All told, the league has canceled 106 preseason games.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 22
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 58
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (58)