Sep 27, 2012, 1:38 PM EDT
Now Lukko might want to consider relocating to Denmark.
Why? Well, Boedker, Nielsen and Larsen represent half of the NHL’s Danish contingent — in fact, the only Danes not making the trek to Lukko are Ottawa’s Peter Regin, Vancouver’s Hannik Hansen and Montreal’s Lars Eller.
The Danish trio is a major coup for a Lukko team light on NHL experience. The only player on the roster with any pedigree is winger Lauri Tukonen (five games with the LA Kings), although the club has history with snagging locked-out NHLers.
During the last work stoppage, both Hal Gill and Dwayne Roloson played for Lukko.
As for the current lockout, Lukko’s biggest score has to be Nielsen, who is coming off a career-best 17G-30A-47PTS campaign.
Nielsen’s breakout campaign also included a four-year, $11 million extension from the Isles and some noteworthy finishes in two awards categories: 20th in Lady Byng voting and 22nd in Selke voting.
Lukko should also be buoyed by the presence of Boedker. He had an impressive postseason campaign with the Coyotes, one in which he scored eight points in 16 games (including a pair of game-winning OT goals against Chicago.)
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)