Sep 27, 2012, 1:38 PM EST
Now Lukko might want to consider relocating to Denmark.
Why? Well, Boedker, Nielsen and Larsen represent half of the NHL’s Danish contingent — in fact, the only Danes not making the trek to Lukko are Ottawa’s Peter Regin, Vancouver’s Hannik Hansen and Montreal’s Lars Eller.
The Danish trio is a major coup for a Lukko team light on NHL experience. The only player on the roster with any pedigree is winger Lauri Tukonen (five games with the LA Kings), although the club has history with snagging locked-out NHLers.
During the last work stoppage, both Hal Gill and Dwayne Roloson played for Lukko.
As for the current lockout, Lukko’s biggest score has to be Nielsen, who is coming off a career-best 17G-30A-47PTS campaign.
Nielsen’s breakout campaign also included a four-year, $11 million extension from the Isles and some noteworthy finishes in two awards categories: 20th in Lady Byng voting and 22nd in Selke voting.
Lukko should also be buoyed by the presence of Boedker. He had an impressive postseason campaign with the Coyotes, one in which he scored eight points in 16 games (including a pair of game-winning OT goals against Chicago.)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 48
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (51)