Sep 27, 2012, 1:38 PM EDT
Now Lukko might want to consider relocating to Denmark.
Why? Well, Boedker, Nielsen and Larsen represent half of the NHL’s Danish contingent — in fact, the only Danes not making the trek to Lukko are Ottawa’s Peter Regin, Vancouver’s Hannik Hansen and Montreal’s Lars Eller.
The Danish trio is a major coup for a Lukko team light on NHL experience. The only player on the roster with any pedigree is winger Lauri Tukonen (five games with the LA Kings), although the club has history with snagging locked-out NHLers.
During the last work stoppage, both Hal Gill and Dwayne Roloson played for Lukko.
As for the current lockout, Lukko’s biggest score has to be Nielsen, who is coming off a career-best 17G-30A-47PTS campaign.
Nielsen’s breakout campaign also included a four-year, $11 million extension from the Isles and some noteworthy finishes in two awards categories: 20th in Lady Byng voting and 22nd in Selke voting.
Lukko should also be buoyed by the presence of Boedker. He had an impressive postseason campaign with the Coyotes, one in which he scored eight points in 16 games (including a pair of game-winning OT goals against Chicago.)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 47
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 24
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 39
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 30
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 9
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 40
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (53)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)