Sep 27, 2012, 10:18 PM EST
It’s been a tough summer again for Jets defenseman Dustin Byfuglien.
With the latter part behind him, he tells Ken Wiebe of the Winnipeg Sun he’s not a big fan of going to court.
“It was more of a pain in the ass than anything,” Byfuglien said of having a trial date set in July after being charged with driving a boat while intoxicated in August of 2011.
That’s as straightforward as it gets.
On the other hand, Byfuglien says he’s healthy and ready to go to start the season… Whenever that happens. He says his knee, which gave him trouble last season, is back in shape. Here’s to hoping Big Buff will have the rest of himself in good form when it’s time to play games.
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 9
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 85
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 79
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 46
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 171
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (171)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (85)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (79)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (78)