Sep 27, 2012, 10:18 PM EDT
It’s been a tough summer again for Jets defenseman Dustin Byfuglien.
With the latter part behind him, he tells Ken Wiebe of the Winnipeg Sun he’s not a big fan of going to court.
“It was more of a pain in the ass than anything,” Byfuglien said of having a trial date set in July after being charged with driving a boat while intoxicated in August of 2011.
That’s as straightforward as it gets.
On the other hand, Byfuglien says he’s healthy and ready to go to start the season… Whenever that happens. He says his knee, which gave him trouble last season, is back in shape. Here’s to hoping Big Buff will have the rest of himself in good form when it’s time to play games.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25