Sep 27, 2012, 10:18 PM EST
It’s been a tough summer again for Jets defenseman Dustin Byfuglien.
With the latter part behind him, he tells Ken Wiebe of the Winnipeg Sun he’s not a big fan of going to court.
“It was more of a pain in the ass than anything,” Byfuglien said of having a trial date set in July after being charged with driving a boat while intoxicated in August of 2011.
That’s as straightforward as it gets.
On the other hand, Byfuglien says he’s healthy and ready to go to start the season… Whenever that happens. He says his knee, which gave him trouble last season, is back in shape. Here’s to hoping Big Buff will have the rest of himself in good form when it’s time to play games.
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 0
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 10
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 10
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 20
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56