Sep 26, 2012, 1:45 PM EST
Some smaller European league signings to pass your way:
Reinprecht to Germany: The Nurnberg Ice Tigers of Germany’s Deutsche Eishockey Liga have agreed to terms with veteran NHLer Steven Reinprect, according to the team website.
Reinprecht, 36, spent last season with Vancouver’s AHL affiliate in Chicago after being acquired from Florida in the David Booth trade. A veteran of over 600 NHL games, Reinprect was a key contributor to the Wolves last season, scoring 43 points in 57 games — he also has experience in the DEL, having played for Adler Mannheim during the 2010-11 season.
O’Sullivan to Finland: Journeyman Patrick O’Sullivan has taken a gig in Europe, signing with Finnish league outfit HIFK Helsinki.
The 56th overall pick in 2003, O’Sullivan looked to be on the cusp of a bright NHL career when, in his sophomore campaign, he scored 53 points in 82 games for Los Angeles…but that’s when things went pear-shaped.
He had a poor third season with L.A., and that kickstarted a series of trades/waives that saw him go from Edmonton to Phoenix to Carolina to Minnesota then back to Phoenix, who dispatched him to AHL (where he was eventually loaded to the Blues’ affiliate in Peoria.)
O’Sullivan hasn’t played in the NHL since Jan. 2011.
Szczechura to Dinamo Riga: Former Tampa Bay Lightning and Buffalo Sabres center Paul Szczechura has signed on with the KHL’s Dinamo Riga, the league’s lone Latvian representative.
Riga currently employs a number of ex-NHLers including Mathieu Carle, Rob Schrempf, Mikael Tellqvist and Raitis Ivanans.
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 20
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 44
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 30
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)