Sep 26, 2012, 1:45 PM EDT
Some smaller European league signings to pass your way:
Reinprecht to Germany: The Nurnberg Ice Tigers of Germany’s Deutsche Eishockey Liga have agreed to terms with veteran NHLer Steven Reinprect, according to the team website.
Reinprecht, 36, spent last season with Vancouver’s AHL affiliate in Chicago after being acquired from Florida in the David Booth trade. A veteran of over 600 NHL games, Reinprect was a key contributor to the Wolves last season, scoring 43 points in 57 games — he also has experience in the DEL, having played for Adler Mannheim during the 2010-11 season.
O’Sullivan to Finland: Journeyman Patrick O’Sullivan has taken a gig in Europe, signing with Finnish league outfit HIFK Helsinki.
The 56th overall pick in 2003, O’Sullivan looked to be on the cusp of a bright NHL career when, in his sophomore campaign, he scored 53 points in 82 games for Los Angeles…but that’s when things went pear-shaped.
He had a poor third season with L.A., and that kickstarted a series of trades/waives that saw him go from Edmonton to Phoenix to Carolina to Minnesota then back to Phoenix, who dispatched him to AHL (where he was eventually loaded to the Blues’ affiliate in Peoria.)
O’Sullivan hasn’t played in the NHL since Jan. 2011.
Szczechura to Dinamo Riga: Former Tampa Bay Lightning and Buffalo Sabres center Paul Szczechura has signed on with the KHL’s Dinamo Riga, the league’s lone Latvian representative.
Riga currently employs a number of ex-NHLers including Mathieu Carle, Rob Schrempf, Mikael Tellqvist and Raitis Ivanans.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 25
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)