Sep 26, 2012, 1:45 PM EDT
Some smaller European league signings to pass your way:
Reinprecht to Germany: The Nurnberg Ice Tigers of Germany’s Deutsche Eishockey Liga have agreed to terms with veteran NHLer Steven Reinprect, according to the team website.
Reinprecht, 36, spent last season with Vancouver’s AHL affiliate in Chicago after being acquired from Florida in the David Booth trade. A veteran of over 600 NHL games, Reinprect was a key contributor to the Wolves last season, scoring 43 points in 57 games — he also has experience in the DEL, having played for Adler Mannheim during the 2010-11 season.
O’Sullivan to Finland: Journeyman Patrick O’Sullivan has taken a gig in Europe, signing with Finnish league outfit HIFK Helsinki.
The 56th overall pick in 2003, O’Sullivan looked to be on the cusp of a bright NHL career when, in his sophomore campaign, he scored 53 points in 82 games for Los Angeles…but that’s when things went pear-shaped.
He had a poor third season with L.A., and that kickstarted a series of trades/waives that saw him go from Edmonton to Phoenix to Carolina to Minnesota then back to Phoenix, who dispatched him to AHL (where he was eventually loaded to the Blues’ affiliate in Peoria.)
O’Sullivan hasn’t played in the NHL since Jan. 2011.
Szczechura to Dinamo Riga: Former Tampa Bay Lightning and Buffalo Sabres center Paul Szczechura has signed on with the KHL’s Dinamo Riga, the league’s lone Latvian representative.
Riga currently employs a number of ex-NHLers including Mathieu Carle, Rob Schrempf, Mikael Tellqvist and Raitis Ivanans.
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 8
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 10
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 8
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Report: Kings’ Stoll may have head, shoulder injuries 15
- Rangers’ goaltending a concern? ‘We know what Henrik is,’ says Tortorella 25
- Discuss: Bruins find scoring touch in Game 2 win over Rangers 45
- Playoffs tonight: Spezza’s Game 3 return, Bruins-Rangers highlight your Sunday 5
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call 64
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (94)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Dickey goes 8, beats Rays for 2nd straight win
- PST: Mourinho officially leaving Real Madrid
- PHT: Stalberg returns to Hawks' lineup for Game 3
- PHT: Hawks look to boost intensity vs. Wings
- PFT: Brady says he's 'never felt better' throwing the ball
- PFT: Chad Johnson arrested for probation violation
- Play Video: Bruins rookies have been the x-factor
- Play Video: Finalists for Mark Messier Leadership Award
- Play Video: Bruins turn weakness into strength
- Play Video: Highlights: Senators win double overtime thriller
- Play Video: Craig Adams lays out Spezza in OT
- Play Video: Vokoun makes a big time save on Neil