Sep 26, 2012, 1:45 PM EDT
Some smaller European league signings to pass your way:
Reinprecht to Germany: The Nurnberg Ice Tigers of Germany’s Deutsche Eishockey Liga have agreed to terms with veteran NHLer Steven Reinprect, according to the team website.
Reinprecht, 36, spent last season with Vancouver’s AHL affiliate in Chicago after being acquired from Florida in the David Booth trade. A veteran of over 600 NHL games, Reinprect was a key contributor to the Wolves last season, scoring 43 points in 57 games — he also has experience in the DEL, having played for Adler Mannheim during the 2010-11 season.
O’Sullivan to Finland: Journeyman Patrick O’Sullivan has taken a gig in Europe, signing with Finnish league outfit HIFK Helsinki.
The 56th overall pick in 2003, O’Sullivan looked to be on the cusp of a bright NHL career when, in his sophomore campaign, he scored 53 points in 82 games for Los Angeles…but that’s when things went pear-shaped.
He had a poor third season with L.A., and that kickstarted a series of trades/waives that saw him go from Edmonton to Phoenix to Carolina to Minnesota then back to Phoenix, who dispatched him to AHL (where he was eventually loaded to the Blues’ affiliate in Peoria.)
O’Sullivan hasn’t played in the NHL since Jan. 2011.
Szczechura to Dinamo Riga: Former Tampa Bay Lightning and Buffalo Sabres center Paul Szczechura has signed on with the KHL’s Dinamo Riga, the league’s lone Latvian representative.
Riga currently employs a number of ex-NHLers including Mathieu Carle, Rob Schrempf, Mikael Tellqvist and Raitis Ivanans.
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 4
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 24
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24