Sep 26, 2012, 12:48 PM EST
Rozsival is on his way to HC Plzen of the Czech Extraliga. This will mark the second time the 34-year-old blueliner has played in his homeland during a lockout — in 2004-05, he split time between Czech league outfits Trinec and Pardubice.
The former Penguin, Ranger and Coyote was originally a product of the Dukla Jihlava organization before moving to WHL Swift Current in 1996.
Stalberg, meanwhile, is reportedly practicing with Swedish Elite League club Frolunda and could be signing soon. With St. Louis Blues forward Alex Steen having become the first locked-out NHLer to join the SEL (with Modo), it’s expected other clubs will soon follow suit — with Frolunda chief among them.
Stalberg represented Frolunda at the junior and U-20 level before making the jump to the University of Vermont in 2006.
He recently told CSN Chicago his first choice is to rejoin the club and it appears Frolunda is keen to get him in the fold, especially after coming off a career season in 2011-12 (22G-21A-43PTS).
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 73
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (144)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (73)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)