Sep 26, 2012, 12:48 PM EST
Rozsival is on his way to HC Plzen of the Czech Extraliga. This will mark the second time the 34-year-old blueliner has played in his homeland during a lockout — in 2004-05, he split time between Czech league outfits Trinec and Pardubice.
The former Penguin, Ranger and Coyote was originally a product of the Dukla Jihlava organization before moving to WHL Swift Current in 1996.
Stalberg, meanwhile, is reportedly practicing with Swedish Elite League club Frolunda and could be signing soon. With St. Louis Blues forward Alex Steen having become the first locked-out NHLer to join the SEL (with Modo), it’s expected other clubs will soon follow suit — with Frolunda chief among them.
Stalberg represented Frolunda at the junior and U-20 level before making the jump to the University of Vermont in 2006.
He recently told CSN Chicago his first choice is to rejoin the club and it appears Frolunda is keen to get him in the fold, especially after coming off a career season in 2011-12 (22G-21A-43PTS).
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 12
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 104
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 16
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (104)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)