Sep 26, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
Rozsival is on his way to HC Plzen of the Czech Extraliga. This will mark the second time the 34-year-old blueliner has played in his homeland during a lockout — in 2004-05, he split time between Czech league outfits Trinec and Pardubice.
The former Penguin, Ranger and Coyote was originally a product of the Dukla Jihlava organization before moving to WHL Swift Current in 1996.
Stalberg, meanwhile, is reportedly practicing with Swedish Elite League club Frolunda and could be signing soon. With St. Louis Blues forward Alex Steen having become the first locked-out NHLer to join the SEL (with Modo), it’s expected other clubs will soon follow suit — with Frolunda chief among them.
Stalberg represented Frolunda at the junior and U-20 level before making the jump to the University of Vermont in 2006.
He recently told CSN Chicago his first choice is to rejoin the club and it appears Frolunda is keen to get him in the fold, especially after coming off a career season in 2011-12 (22G-21A-43PTS).
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)