Sep 26, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
Rozsival is on his way to HC Plzen of the Czech Extraliga. This will mark the second time the 34-year-old blueliner has played in his homeland during a lockout — in 2004-05, he split time between Czech league outfits Trinec and Pardubice.
The former Penguin, Ranger and Coyote was originally a product of the Dukla Jihlava organization before moving to WHL Swift Current in 1996.
Stalberg, meanwhile, is reportedly practicing with Swedish Elite League club Frolunda and could be signing soon. With St. Louis Blues forward Alex Steen having become the first locked-out NHLer to join the SEL (with Modo), it’s expected other clubs will soon follow suit — with Frolunda chief among them.
Stalberg represented Frolunda at the junior and U-20 level before making the jump to the University of Vermont in 2006.
He recently told CSN Chicago his first choice is to rejoin the club and it appears Frolunda is keen to get him in the fold, especially after coming off a career season in 2011-12 (22G-21A-43PTS).
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 0
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 1
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 27
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 36
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)