Sep 26, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
Rozsival is on his way to HC Plzen of the Czech Extraliga. This will mark the second time the 34-year-old blueliner has played in his homeland during a lockout — in 2004-05, he split time between Czech league outfits Trinec and Pardubice.
The former Penguin, Ranger and Coyote was originally a product of the Dukla Jihlava organization before moving to WHL Swift Current in 1996.
Stalberg, meanwhile, is reportedly practicing with Swedish Elite League club Frolunda and could be signing soon. With St. Louis Blues forward Alex Steen having become the first locked-out NHLer to join the SEL (with Modo), it’s expected other clubs will soon follow suit — with Frolunda chief among them.
Stalberg represented Frolunda at the junior and U-20 level before making the jump to the University of Vermont in 2006.
He recently told CSN Chicago his first choice is to rejoin the club and it appears Frolunda is keen to get him in the fold, especially after coming off a career season in 2011-12 (22G-21A-43PTS).
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)