Sep 26, 2012, 3:21 PM EDT
Patrice Bergeron may have had a change of heart about playing in the Quebec caravan league.
According to his agent, Kent Hughes, the Bruins center may indeed participate in “Le Tournee des Joueurs” — a players’ tour featuring a number of fellow Francophone NHLers like Max Talbot, Kris Letang, Simon Gagne, Alex Burrows and David Perron.
Here’s more, from CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty:
Hughes stated to CSNNE.com on Tuesday that Bergeron likely wouldn’t play in the Quebec barnstorming league organized by Bruno Gervais and Max Talbot, but a Wednesday email to CSNNE.com from Hughes indicated that there had been a change in course.
Hughes indicated that Bergeron is looking to potentially play in the first Quebec Caravan League contest to be held Thursday night in Chateauguay, a suburb of Montreal.
The reason for the brief one-game appearance, Haggerty explains, is due to a potential move to the Swiss league.
While Hughes acknowledged the discussions, he said the two sides had yet “to find a situation that makes sense for [Bergeron.]”
Of note, Bergeron’s linemate in Boston, Tyler Seguin, recently inked a deal with Swiss league team ECH Biel.
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 9
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 21
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 12
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Asst. GM Guerin admits Penguins need to lay off the refs (52)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)