Sep 26, 2012, 3:21 PM EST
Patrice Bergeron may have had a change of heart about playing in the Quebec caravan league.
According to his agent, Kent Hughes, the Bruins center may indeed participate in “Le Tournee des Joueurs” — a players’ tour featuring a number of fellow Francophone NHLers like Max Talbot, Kris Letang, Simon Gagne, Alex Burrows and David Perron.
Here’s more, from CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty:
Hughes stated to CSNNE.com on Tuesday that Bergeron likely wouldn’t play in the Quebec barnstorming league organized by Bruno Gervais and Max Talbot, but a Wednesday email to CSNNE.com from Hughes indicated that there had been a change in course.
Hughes indicated that Bergeron is looking to potentially play in the first Quebec Caravan League contest to be held Thursday night in Chateauguay, a suburb of Montreal.
The reason for the brief one-game appearance, Haggerty explains, is due to a potential move to the Swiss league.
While Hughes acknowledged the discussions, he said the two sides had yet “to find a situation that makes sense for [Bergeron.]”
Of note, Bergeron’s linemate in Boston, Tyler Seguin, recently inked a deal with Swiss league team ECH Biel.
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 25
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 59
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 41
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (94)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)