Sep 26, 2012, 3:21 PM EDT
Patrice Bergeron may have had a change of heart about playing in the Quebec caravan league.
According to his agent, Kent Hughes, the Bruins center may indeed participate in “Le Tournee des Joueurs” — a players’ tour featuring a number of fellow Francophone NHLers like Max Talbot, Kris Letang, Simon Gagne, Alex Burrows and David Perron.
Here’s more, from CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty:
Hughes stated to CSNNE.com on Tuesday that Bergeron likely wouldn’t play in the Quebec barnstorming league organized by Bruno Gervais and Max Talbot, but a Wednesday email to CSNNE.com from Hughes indicated that there had been a change in course.
Hughes indicated that Bergeron is looking to potentially play in the first Quebec Caravan League contest to be held Thursday night in Chateauguay, a suburb of Montreal.
The reason for the brief one-game appearance, Haggerty explains, is due to a potential move to the Swiss league.
While Hughes acknowledged the discussions, he said the two sides had yet “to find a situation that makes sense for [Bergeron.]”
Of note, Bergeron’s linemate in Boston, Tyler Seguin, recently inked a deal with Swiss league team ECH Biel.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 6
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 25
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)