Sep 26, 2012, 3:21 PM EDT
Patrice Bergeron may have had a change of heart about playing in the Quebec caravan league.
According to his agent, Kent Hughes, the Bruins center may indeed participate in “Le Tournee des Joueurs” — a players’ tour featuring a number of fellow Francophone NHLers like Max Talbot, Kris Letang, Simon Gagne, Alex Burrows and David Perron.
Here’s more, from CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty:
Hughes stated to CSNNE.com on Tuesday that Bergeron likely wouldn’t play in the Quebec barnstorming league organized by Bruno Gervais and Max Talbot, but a Wednesday email to CSNNE.com from Hughes indicated that there had been a change in course.
Hughes indicated that Bergeron is looking to potentially play in the first Quebec Caravan League contest to be held Thursday night in Chateauguay, a suburb of Montreal.
The reason for the brief one-game appearance, Haggerty explains, is due to a potential move to the Swiss league.
While Hughes acknowledged the discussions, he said the two sides had yet “to find a situation that makes sense for [Bergeron.]“
Of note, Bergeron’s linemate in Boston, Tyler Seguin, recently inked a deal with Swiss league team ECH Biel.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)