Sep 25, 2012, 7:53 PM EDT
When Ron Wilson was coaching the Toronto Maple Leafs, his relationship with the rabid media there was dicey to say the least. Randy Carlyle, for the time being, seems to have a better handle on things these days.
Carlyle told the Leafs website he knows demands and expectations are a bit higher in Toronto than they were in Anaheim and he knows he has to be understanding of how things are there.
“You have to be honest and truthful, and you try to give them as much of the information that you deem necessary in the situation that you’re involved in,” Carlyle said.
“You respect the position that they’re in, be as honest as you possibly can be, and treat them the way you’d like to be treated.”
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 11
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)