Sep 25, 2012, 9:37 PM EST
2012 Norris Trophy winner Erik Karlsson is close to finding lockout work.
According to Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun, the Swedish-born defenseman is close to landing a deal with Jokerit of the SM-liiga. Karlsson would be bringing his high-scoring game to a team that already has Detroit Red Wings forward Valtteri Filppula and a host of other former NHL players including Jarkko Ruutu and Wings prospect Teemu Pulkkinen.
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 21
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 19
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 22
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 44
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 9