Sep 25, 2012, 9:37 PM EDT
2012 Norris Trophy winner Erik Karlsson is close to finding lockout work.
According to Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun, the Swedish-born defenseman is close to landing a deal with Jokerit of the SM-liiga. Karlsson would be bringing his high-scoring game to a team that already has Detroit Red Wings forward Valtteri Filppula and a host of other former NHL players including Jarkko Ruutu and Wings prospect Teemu Pulkkinen.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8