Sep 25, 2012, 9:10 PM EST
It was just a couple weeks ago when Ottawa forward Milan Michalek went in for abdominal surgery but he’s already back to work on the ice.
Ken Warren of Senators Extra was on the scene at the Senators players’ informal practice and while Michalek was sporting a no-contact jersey, he was out there working with both Jason Spezza and Daniel Alfredsson. If that doesn’t get you longing for the regular season to be saved, then you must be a Leafs fan.
Michalek is one of the few, the proud, the injured in hockey-related activities who will continue to get paid during the lockout. He might want to slow down on the progress, however, if he wants to pick up any further checks. That or he should hope things get settled in short order so he and the rest of that top line can get back on the ice for real.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (149)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)