Sep 25, 2012, 9:10 PM EST
It was just a couple weeks ago when Ottawa forward Milan Michalek went in for abdominal surgery but he’s already back to work on the ice.
Ken Warren of Senators Extra was on the scene at the Senators players’ informal practice and while Michalek was sporting a no-contact jersey, he was out there working with both Jason Spezza and Daniel Alfredsson. If that doesn’t get you longing for the regular season to be saved, then you must be a Leafs fan.
Michalek is one of the few, the proud, the injured in hockey-related activities who will continue to get paid during the lockout. He might want to slow down on the progress, however, if he wants to pick up any further checks. That or he should hope things get settled in short order so he and the rest of that top line can get back on the ice for real.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (68)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)