Sep 25, 2012, 9:10 PM EDT
It was just a couple weeks ago when Ottawa forward Milan Michalek went in for abdominal surgery but he’s already back to work on the ice.
Ken Warren of Senators Extra was on the scene at the Senators players’ informal practice and while Michalek was sporting a no-contact jersey, he was out there working with both Jason Spezza and Daniel Alfredsson. If that doesn’t get you longing for the regular season to be saved, then you must be a Leafs fan.
Michalek is one of the few, the proud, the injured in hockey-related activities who will continue to get paid during the lockout. He might want to slow down on the progress, however, if he wants to pick up any further checks. That or he should hope things get settled in short order so he and the rest of that top line can get back on the ice for real.
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 12
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 6
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 34
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)