Sep 25, 2012, 9:10 PM EST
It was just a couple weeks ago when Ottawa forward Milan Michalek went in for abdominal surgery but he’s already back to work on the ice.
Ken Warren of Senators Extra was on the scene at the Senators players’ informal practice and while Michalek was sporting a no-contact jersey, he was out there working with both Jason Spezza and Daniel Alfredsson. If that doesn’t get you longing for the regular season to be saved, then you must be a Leafs fan.
Michalek is one of the few, the proud, the injured in hockey-related activities who will continue to get paid during the lockout. He might want to slow down on the progress, however, if he wants to pick up any further checks. That or he should hope things get settled in short order so he and the rest of that top line can get back on the ice for real.
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 39
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 16
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 36
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 82
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)