Sep 25, 2012, 9:10 PM EDT
It was just a couple weeks ago when Ottawa forward Milan Michalek went in for abdominal surgery but he’s already back to work on the ice.
Ken Warren of Senators Extra was on the scene at the Senators players’ informal practice and while Michalek was sporting a no-contact jersey, he was out there working with both Jason Spezza and Daniel Alfredsson. If that doesn’t get you longing for the regular season to be saved, then you must be a Leafs fan.
Michalek is one of the few, the proud, the injured in hockey-related activities who will continue to get paid during the lockout. He might want to slow down on the progress, however, if he wants to pick up any further checks. That or he should hope things get settled in short order so he and the rest of that top line can get back on the ice for real.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 17
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 108
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 78
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (108)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (78)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)