Sep 25, 2012, 4:20 PM EDT
Could more controversy be on the way?
Depends on how the public reacts to Booth’s latest tweet — a picture of what appears to be a deceased elk (with Booth seemingly responsible for the elk’s demise.)
“Just killing time…And Wapiti in Montana,” the photo caption reads.
Booth, an avid hunter, received a lot of blowback after posting his bear baiting pictures — and video — in May.
“We find that kind of hunting appalling — he’s a well-know hockey player who’s a role model for many, particularly young people,” Vancouver Humane Society spokesman Peter Fricker said. “He’s setting a very bad example, and I’m not surprised he’s getting such a negative reaction.”
Jason Botchford, a Canucks reporter for the Vancouver Province, wondered if the incident would affect Booth’s relationship with the organization long-term:
Would a poor judgment call which led to him posting a kill video from a hunting expedition, where he bear baited, be enough to push the image conscious Canucks to trade him less than a year after they acquired him?
Not likely. Even though they were irked in a “what the hell was this guy thinking” sort of way.
But, let’s be real, posting a video of some legal hunting, however disturbing, is not how Booth inflicted his most damage on the Canucks. No, he took care of that in the first round of the playoffs.
It’s worth mentioning that Vancouver is where Greenpeace was founded in 1971.
As such, the “poor judgement” and “what the hell was this guy thinking” arguments could make their way back to the surface, because there’s not a real solid explanation as to why Booth would post another kill, especially after the heat he took five months ago.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 0
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 7
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 2
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 13
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 19
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 17
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)