Sep 25, 2012, 4:20 PM EST
Could more controversy be on the way?
Depends on how the public reacts to Booth’s latest tweet — a picture of what appears to be a deceased elk (with Booth seemingly responsible for the elk’s demise.)
“Just killing time…And Wapiti in Montana,” the photo caption reads.
Booth, an avid hunter, received a lot of blowback after posting his bear baiting pictures — and video — in May.
“We find that kind of hunting appalling — he’s a well-know hockey player who’s a role model for many, particularly young people,” Vancouver Humane Society spokesman Peter Fricker said. “He’s setting a very bad example, and I’m not surprised he’s getting such a negative reaction.”
Jason Botchford, a Canucks reporter for the Vancouver Province, wondered if the incident would affect Booth’s relationship with the organization long-term:
Would a poor judgment call which led to him posting a kill video from a hunting expedition, where he bear baited, be enough to push the image conscious Canucks to trade him less than a year after they acquired him?
Not likely. Even though they were irked in a “what the hell was this guy thinking” sort of way.
But, let’s be real, posting a video of some legal hunting, however disturbing, is not how Booth inflicted his most damage on the Canucks. No, he took care of that in the first round of the playoffs.
It’s worth mentioning that Vancouver is where Greenpeace was founded in 1971.
As such, the “poor judgement” and “what the hell was this guy thinking” arguments could make their way back to the surface, because there’s not a real solid explanation as to why Booth would post another kill, especially after the heat he took five months ago.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 39
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 28