Sep 24, 2012, 6:03 PM EST
While times have been a bit tougher for goalies to find work during the lockout, Boston’s Tuukka Rask has found a temporary home.
ESPN’s Craig Custance reports Rask signed a deal with HC Plzen of the Czech Extraliga. What makes this signing a bit different is that Rask is from Finland and would’ve likely had a few choices of who to play for in the top league there, the SM-liiga.
Rask was set to be the starter in goal for the Bruins this season as Tim Thomas opted to take this season off. In a cruel twist of fate, everyone in the NHL might get this year off. Perhaps Thomas doubles as a psychic in his spare time at his mountain compound.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)