Sep 24, 2012, 6:03 PM EDT
While times have been a bit tougher for goalies to find work during the lockout, Boston’s Tuukka Rask has found a temporary home.
ESPN’s Craig Custance reports Rask signed a deal with HC Plzen of the Czech Extraliga. What makes this signing a bit different is that Rask is from Finland and would’ve likely had a few choices of who to play for in the top league there, the SM-liiga.
Rask was set to be the starter in goal for the Bruins this season as Tim Thomas opted to take this season off. In a cruel twist of fate, everyone in the NHL might get this year off. Perhaps Thomas doubles as a psychic in his spare time at his mountain compound.
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 4
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 6
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 14
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 1
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)