Sep 24, 2012, 4:15 PM EDT
Peverley is coming off a highly successful 2011-12 campaign with the Bs, despite missing 19 games with a sprained MCL. He posted the second-highest assist total of his career (31) in just 57 games and led the Bruins in postseason scoring, with five points.
All this came after signing a three-year, $9.75 million extension with Boston in October.
It’s not a huge surprise that Peverley joined this particular Finnish team. Jyvaskyla employs two of his ex-mates — former Thrashers teammate Eric Perrin and former Predators/Milwaukee Admirals teammate Ramzi Abid.
Center David Krejci is also reportedly in talks with Pardubice of the Czech Extraliga, but is still in the process of figuring out insurance.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 0
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 9
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 36
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 55
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)