Sep 24, 2012, 4:15 PM EDT
Peverley is coming off a highly successful 2011-12 campaign with the Bs, despite missing 19 games with a sprained MCL. He posted the second-highest assist total of his career (31) in just 57 games and led the Bruins in postseason scoring, with five points.
All this came after signing a three-year, $9.75 million extension with Boston in October.
It’s not a huge surprise that Peverley joined this particular Finnish team. Jyvaskyla employs two of his ex-mates — former Thrashers teammate Eric Perrin and former Predators/Milwaukee Admirals teammate Ramzi Abid.
Center David Krejci is also reportedly in talks with Pardubice of the Czech Extraliga, but is still in the process of figuring out insurance.
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 27
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 26
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)