Sep 24, 2012, 4:15 PM EDT
Peverley is coming off a highly successful 2011-12 campaign with the Bs, despite missing 19 games with a sprained MCL. He posted the second-highest assist total of his career (31) in just 57 games and led the Bruins in postseason scoring, with five points.
All this came after signing a three-year, $9.75 million extension with Boston in October.
It’s not a huge surprise that Peverley joined this particular Finnish team. Jyvaskyla employs two of his ex-mates — former Thrashers teammate Eric Perrin and former Predators/Milwaukee Admirals teammate Ramzi Abid.
Center David Krejci is also reportedly in talks with Pardubice of the Czech Extraliga, but is still in the process of figuring out insurance.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 23
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 16
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 44
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 55
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (55)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)