Sep 24, 2012, 4:15 PM EDT
Peverley is coming off a highly successful 2011-12 campaign with the Bs, despite missing 19 games with a sprained MCL. He posted the second-highest assist total of his career (31) in just 57 games and led the Bruins in postseason scoring, with five points.
All this came after signing a three-year, $9.75 million extension with Boston in October.
It’s not a huge surprise that Peverley joined this particular Finnish team. Jyvaskyla employs two of his ex-mates — former Thrashers teammate Eric Perrin and former Predators/Milwaukee Admirals teammate Ramzi Abid.
Center David Krejci is also reportedly in talks with Pardubice of the Czech Extraliga, but is still in the process of figuring out insurance.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 71
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 54
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 34
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)