Sep 24, 2012, 1:15 PM EST
Evidence the NHL’s latest work stoppage is failing to make waves in the United States – and also that Canadian newspapers are so desperate for hockey news they’ll print anything close to it – UFC president Dana White told inquiring reporters Saturday in Toronto he had no idea there was a lockout.
“I actually didn’t even know that,” White said following UFC 152 at the Air Canada Centre, as per the Canadian Press.
White does, however, think it “sucks” when there’s a work stoppage in professional sports because it “pisses off the fans.”
Of course, he also said hockey is such a “crazy-ass sport” in Canada that “nothing can hurt it. Nothing.”
The NHL is praying he’s right about that.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4