Sep 24, 2012, 1:15 PM EDT
Evidence the NHL’s latest work stoppage is failing to make waves in the United States – and also that Canadian newspapers are so desperate for hockey news they’ll print anything close to it – UFC president Dana White told inquiring reporters Saturday in Toronto he had no idea there was a lockout.
“I actually didn’t even know that,” White said following UFC 152 at the Air Canada Centre, as per the Canadian Press.
White does, however, think it “sucks” when there’s a work stoppage in professional sports because it “pisses off the fans.”
Of course, he also said hockey is such a “crazy-ass sport” in Canada that “nothing can hurt it. Nothing.”
The NHL is praying he’s right about that.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 38
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 60
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1