Sep 24, 2012, 1:15 PM EDT
Evidence the NHL’s latest work stoppage is failing to make waves in the United States – and also that Canadian newspapers are so desperate for hockey news they’ll print anything close to it – UFC president Dana White told inquiring reporters Saturday in Toronto he had no idea there was a lockout.
“I actually didn’t even know that,” White said following UFC 152 at the Air Canada Centre, as per the Canadian Press.
White does, however, think it “sucks” when there’s a work stoppage in professional sports because it “pisses off the fans.”
Of course, he also said hockey is such a “crazy-ass sport” in Canada that “nothing can hurt it. Nothing.”
The NHL is praying he’s right about that.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabres in franchise history 0
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 4
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17