Sep 24, 2012, 1:15 PM EDT
Evidence the NHL’s latest work stoppage is failing to make waves in the United States – and also that Canadian newspapers are so desperate for hockey news they’ll print anything close to it – UFC president Dana White told inquiring reporters Saturday in Toronto he had no idea there was a lockout.
“I actually didn’t even know that,” White said following UFC 152 at the Air Canada Centre, as per the Canadian Press.
White does, however, think it “sucks” when there’s a work stoppage in professional sports because it “pisses off the fans.”
Of course, he also said hockey is such a “crazy-ass sport” in Canada that “nothing can hurt it. Nothing.”
The NHL is praying he’s right about that.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 64
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 29
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15