Sep 24, 2012, 1:15 PM EDT
Evidence the NHL’s latest work stoppage is failing to make waves in the United States – and also that Canadian newspapers are so desperate for hockey news they’ll print anything close to it – UFC president Dana White told inquiring reporters Saturday in Toronto he had no idea there was a lockout.
“I actually didn’t even know that,” White said following UFC 152 at the Air Canada Centre, as per the Canadian Press.
White does, however, think it “sucks” when there’s a work stoppage in professional sports because it “pisses off the fans.”
Of course, he also said hockey is such a “crazy-ass sport” in Canada that “nothing can hurt it. Nothing.”
The NHL is praying he’s right about that.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 77
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32