Just so you know, Dana White thinks the lockout “sucks”

Sep 24, 2012, 1:15 PM EDT

Dane White Getty Images

Evidence the NHL’s latest work stoppage is failing to make waves in the United States – and also that Canadian newspapers are so desperate for hockey news they’ll print anything close to it – UFC president Dana White told inquiring reporters Saturday in Toronto he had no idea there was a lockout.

“I actually didn’t even know that,” White said following UFC 152 at the Air Canada Centre, as per the Canadian Press.

White does, however, think it “sucks” when there’s a work stoppage in professional sports because it “pisses off the fans.”

Of course, he also said hockey is such a “crazy-ass sport” in Canada that “nothing can hurt it. Nothing.”

The NHL is praying he’s right about that.

1. sjsharks66 - Sep 24, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Dana should focus on getting some decent fights together. UFC is garbage now.
    Recent poll shows that Canadians really don’t care about the lockout. So he is wrong with that he said.

• theawesomersfranchise - Sep 24, 2012 at 2:02 PM

What exactly did he say that he was wrong about?
      “crazy-ass sport” in Canada that “nothing can hurt it. Nothing.” – Yup

2. Eberwizzle - Sep 24, 2012 at 1:57 PM

And I was just saying to myself yesterday…”I wonder what Dana White thinks about this lockout.”

3. barroomhero80 - Sep 24, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Who gives a rats ass what this balding jackass thinks. DOUCHE

• blomfeld - Sep 24, 2012 at 3:40 PM

“uoy kcuf” Dana White !

If ever there was a testament as to how low our society has gone, then that would be this UFC garbage. How 20,000 jerks can pack an arena to watch one of the “lowest & ugliest” forms of human expression, is simply beyond belief. And it’s very disturbing, as the parallels to ancient Rome in it’s dying days are positively startling. So in keeping with the barnyard theme, and on behalf of all decent people everywhere, I denounce this cue ball and his legions of fans as nothing but cowardly “blood-thirsty” vermin !

• lordfletcher - Sep 25, 2012 at 10:49 AM

I bet your web browsing history is more offensive than the UFC. Shut your trap Sally

4. silversun60 - Sep 24, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Just so you know, I think Dana White sucks.

5. broadstbully33 - Sep 24, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Dana is a girls name….

6. fortwaynekomets - Sep 25, 2012 at 12:25 PM

FACT.

everyone who posted here IS a avid UFC fan.

FACT.

• lordfletcher - Sep 25, 2012 at 3:05 PM

I am not an “avid fan” but I do watch it from time to time, just like Boxing, Hockey, Football, Baseball, F1, your mom, whatever.

I posted because the idiot had the most narrow-minded post I have seen in a long time. Yours is in the same ballpark but not even close to as stupid.

7. fortwaynekomets - Sep 25, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Dana did say theyll have to do a UFC night in Canada now w/o hockey.

rumor is the entire season is scratched, that’s why everyone is already oversees. I know Roenick stayed optimistic about December but that’s not looking so good anymore…

Top 10 NHL Player Searches