Sep 24, 2012, 10:59 AM EDT
Gary Bettman and Donald Fehr are each healthy scratches for today’s meeting between the NHL and players’ association in Toronto, according to the Canadian Press.
The get together is to finalize the hockey-related revenue from last season, not to negotiate a new CBA, so it’s no huge surprise the commissioner and union chief, respectively, aren’t in attendance.
Instead, deputy commissioner Bill Daly and NHLPA special counsel Steve Fehr are representing their respective sides.
Informal CBA talks are expected to be held following today’s meeting, TSN reports.
No formal talks have been scheduled.
- Bruins scratch out OT win, push Red Wings to brink 15
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at L.A. Kings 0
- WATCH LIVE: Colorado Avalanche at Minnesota Wild (Game 4) 5
- Monster of a surprise: Red Wings start Gustavsson over Howard 5
- WATCH LIVE: Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (Game 4) 2
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 64
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 98
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 11
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 27
- Bergeron, Kopitar and Toews named Selke finalists 34
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Wild’s Cooke offered in-person hearing for knee-on-knee collision with Barrie (111)