Sep 24, 2012, 2:21 PM EST
The Red Wings center played 18:07 in his first game — on a line with ex-Nashville winger Alex Radulov — and fired three shots on goal, going 10-for-12 in the faceoff circle.
Oh yeah, Datsyuk also did this:
After further review, the goal was eventually disallowed (despite Radulov celebrating like it was totally legit.) Not a surprising decision, but it does bring up a requisite clarification about European league rules…
Much like the NHL, the KHL prohibits intentionally heading the puck into the net.
But — on the soccer tip — it should be noted the Swedish Elite League is allowing players to kick the puck this season, so long as their skates remain on the ice.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 73
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (144)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (73)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)