Sep 24, 2012, 2:21 PM EDT
The Red Wings center played 18:07 in his first game — on a line with ex-Nashville winger Alex Radulov — and fired three shots on goal, going 10-for-12 in the faceoff circle.
Oh yeah, Datsyuk also did this:
After further review, the goal was eventually disallowed (despite Radulov celebrating like it was totally legit.) Not a surprising decision, but it does bring up a requisite clarification about European league rules…
Much like the NHL, the KHL prohibits intentionally heading the puck into the net.
But — on the soccer tip — it should be noted the Swedish Elite League is allowing players to kick the puck this season, so long as their skates remain on the ice.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 9
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40