Sep 24, 2012, 2:21 PM EST
The Red Wings center played 18:07 in his first game — on a line with ex-Nashville winger Alex Radulov — and fired three shots on goal, going 10-for-12 in the faceoff circle.
Oh yeah, Datsyuk also did this:
After further review, the goal was eventually disallowed (despite Radulov celebrating like it was totally legit.) Not a surprising decision, but it does bring up a requisite clarification about European league rules…
Much like the NHL, the KHL prohibits intentionally heading the puck into the net.
But — on the soccer tip — it should be noted the Swedish Elite League is allowing players to kick the puck this season, so long as their skates remain on the ice.
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 20
- Pat Quinn, ‘one of hockey’s most respected individuals,’ has died 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 8
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 14
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 31
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 17
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 99
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)