Sep 24, 2012, 2:21 PM EDT
The Red Wings center played 18:07 in his first game — on a line with ex-Nashville winger Alex Radulov — and fired three shots on goal, going 10-for-12 in the faceoff circle.
Oh yeah, Datsyuk also did this:
After further review, the goal was eventually disallowed (despite Radulov celebrating like it was totally legit.) Not a surprising decision, but it does bring up a requisite clarification about European league rules…
Much like the NHL, the KHL prohibits intentionally heading the puck into the net.
But — on the soccer tip — it should be noted the Swedish Elite League is allowing players to kick the puck this season, so long as their skates remain on the ice.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)