Sep 24, 2012, 2:21 PM EST
The Red Wings center played 18:07 in his first game — on a line with ex-Nashville winger Alex Radulov — and fired three shots on goal, going 10-for-12 in the faceoff circle.
Oh yeah, Datsyuk also did this:
After further review, the goal was eventually disallowed (despite Radulov celebrating like it was totally legit.) Not a surprising decision, but it does bring up a requisite clarification about European league rules…
Much like the NHL, the KHL prohibits intentionally heading the puck into the net.
But — on the soccer tip — it should be noted the Swedish Elite League is allowing players to kick the puck this season, so long as their skates remain on the ice.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 82
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 91
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 102
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 7
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (119)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (103)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (91)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (91)