Sep 23, 2012, 3:08 PM EST
While the pros are busy not playing, prospects for the 2013 NHL Draft are starting to get noticed. While Central Scouting put out their initial watch list, one Swedish forward is getting comparisons to Peter Forsberg.
Elias Lindholm is a 5’11”, 181 pound center and as Mike Morreale of NHL.com finds out from the European director of Central Scouting Goran Stubb, maybe the hype isn’t all bluster.
“He’s a complete package,” Stubb told NHL.com. “He could very well be the next Peter Forsberg. He’s an excellent skater and great competitor who gives it 110 percent on every shift. He can skate, score and pass and is physically strong even though he is a finesse-type of player.”
Lindholm adds more offensive flair to a 2013 draft class that already reads as tremendously talented at the top of the class.
Canadian forward Nathan MacKinnon and American defenseman Seth Jones are already being discussed over who will go first overall. If Lindholm can live up to the billing he’s already got as the “next Forsberg” perhaps it should be a three-player debate as to who is best.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 15
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 16
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 7
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8