Sep 23, 2012, 3:08 PM EDT
While the pros are busy not playing, prospects for the 2013 NHL Draft are starting to get noticed. While Central Scouting put out their initial watch list, one Swedish forward is getting comparisons to Peter Forsberg.
Elias Lindholm is a 5’11”, 181 pound center and as Mike Morreale of NHL.com finds out from the European director of Central Scouting Goran Stubb, maybe the hype isn’t all bluster.
“He’s a complete package,” Stubb told NHL.com. “He could very well be the next Peter Forsberg. He’s an excellent skater and great competitor who gives it 110 percent on every shift. He can skate, score and pass and is physically strong even though he is a finesse-type of player.”
Lindholm adds more offensive flair to a 2013 draft class that already reads as tremendously talented at the top of the class.
Canadian forward Nathan MacKinnon and American defenseman Seth Jones are already being discussed over who will go first overall. If Lindholm can live up to the billing he’s already got as the “next Forsberg” perhaps it should be a three-player debate as to who is best.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 6
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 25
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)