Sep 23, 2012, 3:08 PM EDT
While the pros are busy not playing, prospects for the 2013 NHL Draft are starting to get noticed. While Central Scouting put out their initial watch list, one Swedish forward is getting comparisons to Peter Forsberg.
Elias Lindholm is a 5’11”, 181 pound center and as Mike Morreale of NHL.com finds out from the European director of Central Scouting Goran Stubb, maybe the hype isn’t all bluster.
“He’s a complete package,” Stubb told NHL.com. “He could very well be the next Peter Forsberg. He’s an excellent skater and great competitor who gives it 110 percent on every shift. He can skate, score and pass and is physically strong even though he is a finesse-type of player.”
Lindholm adds more offensive flair to a 2013 draft class that already reads as tremendously talented at the top of the class.
Canadian forward Nathan MacKinnon and American defenseman Seth Jones are already being discussed over who will go first overall. If Lindholm can live up to the billing he’s already got as the “next Forsberg” perhaps it should be a three-player debate as to who is best.
- Video: Controversial Kane goal has Laviolette fuming 0
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 0
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 36
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 45
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Datsyuk, Mrazek powers Red Wings past Lightning in Game 1 30