Sep 23, 2012, 3:08 PM EDT
While the pros are busy not playing, prospects for the 2013 NHL Draft are starting to get noticed. While Central Scouting put out their initial watch list, one Swedish forward is getting comparisons to Peter Forsberg.
Elias Lindholm is a 5’11”, 181 pound center and as Mike Morreale of NHL.com finds out from the European director of Central Scouting Goran Stubb, maybe the hype isn’t all bluster.
“He’s a complete package,” Stubb told NHL.com. “He could very well be the next Peter Forsberg. He’s an excellent skater and great competitor who gives it 110 percent on every shift. He can skate, score and pass and is physically strong even though he is a finesse-type of player.”
Lindholm adds more offensive flair to a 2013 draft class that already reads as tremendously talented at the top of the class.
Canadian forward Nathan MacKinnon and American defenseman Seth Jones are already being discussed over who will go first overall. If Lindholm can live up to the billing he’s already got as the “next Forsberg” perhaps it should be a three-player debate as to who is best.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 15
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 37
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)