Sep 23, 2012, 3:08 PM EST
While the pros are busy not playing, prospects for the 2013 NHL Draft are starting to get noticed. While Central Scouting put out their initial watch list, one Swedish forward is getting comparisons to Peter Forsberg.
Elias Lindholm is a 5’11″, 181 pound center and as Mike Morreale of NHL.com finds out from the European director of Central Scouting Goran Stubb, maybe the hype isn’t all bluster.
“He’s a complete package,” Stubb told NHL.com. “He could very well be the next Peter Forsberg. He’s an excellent skater and great competitor who gives it 110 percent on every shift. He can skate, score and pass and is physically strong even though he is a finesse-type of player.”
Lindholm adds more offensive flair to a 2013 draft class that already reads as tremendously talented at the top of the class.
Canadian forward Nathan MacKinnon and American defenseman Seth Jones are already being discussed over who will go first overall. If Lindholm can live up to the billing he’s already got as the “next Forsberg” perhaps it should be a three-player debate as to who is best.
- Is the NHL getting closer to putting a team in Vegas? 0
- Martin Jones gets another shutout, remains undefeated 21
- Video: Tom Wilson gets tossed for charging Brayden Schenn 57
- Video: Kyle Quincey ejected for boarding Ryan Getzlaf 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Third time’s the charm for Flyers vs Capitals? 8
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head 71
- Potter suspended two games for boarding Bonino 3
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension 107
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver 101
- Pittsburgh’s special teams have been pretty good; Florida’s not so much 3
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Bylsma: Neal needs to learn from Marchand hit (114)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (101)