Sep 23, 2012, 5:00 PM EST
If this site were called KHL Talk, it’s possible we might go overboard in talking about Evgeni Malkin‘s slow start for Metallurg Magnitogorsk. Instead, we’ll look on curiously from afar.
Malkin tells rsport.ru that the excitement of playing at home has him eager to pot his first goal of the season.
“It’s not worth panicking. I haven’t got into my good form yet,” Malkin said. “The goals will come, the main thing is not to get worried.”
Malkin says he’s playing at about 70 percent right now. Getting in shape for the NHL season is one thing, dropping everything to get to Russia thanks to a lockout is something else entirely.
Keep in mind that while the KHL season is already underway, NHL training camps would be just starting this week with the first preseason game dropping the puck tonight if it wasn’t for that pesky work stoppage.
For Malkin, he’s getting his preseason rust out in actual games. Wonder what the Penguins’ staff would think about doing that under normal conditions.
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 0
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 2
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 2
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)