Sep 23, 2012, 5:00 PM EST
If this site were called KHL Talk, it’s possible we might go overboard in talking about Evgeni Malkin‘s slow start for Metallurg Magnitogorsk. Instead, we’ll look on curiously from afar.
Malkin tells rsport.ru that the excitement of playing at home has him eager to pot his first goal of the season.
“It’s not worth panicking. I haven’t got into my good form yet,” Malkin said. “The goals will come, the main thing is not to get worried.”
Malkin says he’s playing at about 70 percent right now. Getting in shape for the NHL season is one thing, dropping everything to get to Russia thanks to a lockout is something else entirely.
Keep in mind that while the KHL season is already underway, NHL training camps would be just starting this week with the first preseason game dropping the puck tonight if it wasn’t for that pesky work stoppage.
For Malkin, he’s getting his preseason rust out in actual games. Wonder what the Penguins’ staff would think about doing that under normal conditions.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 10
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 13
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 25
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 23
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 6
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)