Sep 23, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
If this site were called KHL Talk, it’s possible we might go overboard in talking about Evgeni Malkin‘s slow start for Metallurg Magnitogorsk. Instead, we’ll look on curiously from afar.
Malkin tells rsport.ru that the excitement of playing at home has him eager to pot his first goal of the season.
“It’s not worth panicking. I haven’t got into my good form yet,” Malkin said. “The goals will come, the main thing is not to get worried.”
Malkin says he’s playing at about 70 percent right now. Getting in shape for the NHL season is one thing, dropping everything to get to Russia thanks to a lockout is something else entirely.
Keep in mind that while the KHL season is already underway, NHL training camps would be just starting this week with the first preseason game dropping the puck tonight if it wasn’t for that pesky work stoppage.
For Malkin, he’s getting his preseason rust out in actual games. Wonder what the Penguins’ staff would think about doing that under normal conditions.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 14
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 23
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15