Sep 23, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
If this site were called KHL Talk, it’s possible we might go overboard in talking about Evgeni Malkin‘s slow start for Metallurg Magnitogorsk. Instead, we’ll look on curiously from afar.
Malkin tells rsport.ru that the excitement of playing at home has him eager to pot his first goal of the season.
“It’s not worth panicking. I haven’t got into my good form yet,” Malkin said. “The goals will come, the main thing is not to get worried.”
Malkin says he’s playing at about 70 percent right now. Getting in shape for the NHL season is one thing, dropping everything to get to Russia thanks to a lockout is something else entirely.
Keep in mind that while the KHL season is already underway, NHL training camps would be just starting this week with the first preseason game dropping the puck tonight if it wasn’t for that pesky work stoppage.
For Malkin, he’s getting his preseason rust out in actual games. Wonder what the Penguins’ staff would think about doing that under normal conditions.
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 18
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 5
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 13
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 83
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 68
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 166
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 18
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (166)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (83)