Sep 23, 2012, 4:01 PM EST
Another day, another pair of NHL players heading to Europe to play.
Antropov will suit up for Barys Astana out of Kazakhstan and bring his big-body centerman play there. It’s not one of the bigger teams in the KHL, but Antropov is from Kazakhstan so it makes for a nice homecoming. Antropov had 15 goals and 20 assists last season for Winnipeg.
The same can be said for Polak heading to the Czech Republic where he’ll play for Vitkovice. The defensive defenseman will head home where opponents should make sure to “not open that door” when it comes to wanting to fight him.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 37
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 24
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 43
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 22
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 84
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)