Sep 23, 2012, 4:01 PM EDT
Another day, another pair of NHL players heading to Europe to play.
Antropov will suit up for Barys Astana out of Kazakhstan and bring his big-body centerman play there. It’s not one of the bigger teams in the KHL, but Antropov is from Kazakhstan so it makes for a nice homecoming. Antropov had 15 goals and 20 assists last season for Winnipeg.
The same can be said for Polak heading to the Czech Republic where he’ll play for Vitkovice. The defensive defenseman will head home where opponents should make sure to “not open that door” when it comes to wanting to fight him.
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 11
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 7
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 0
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 43
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 26
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 48
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)