Sep 23, 2012, 4:01 PM EST
Another day, another pair of NHL players heading to Europe to play.
Antropov will suit up for Barys Astana out of Kazakhstan and bring his big-body centerman play there. It’s not one of the bigger teams in the KHL, but Antropov is from Kazakhstan so it makes for a nice homecoming. Antropov had 15 goals and 20 assists last season for Winnipeg.
The same can be said for Polak heading to the Czech Republic where he’ll play for Vitkovice. The defensive defenseman will head home where opponents should make sure to “not open that door” when it comes to wanting to fight him.
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 2
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56