Sep 23, 2012, 4:01 PM EST
Another day, another pair of NHL players heading to Europe to play.
Antropov will suit up for Barys Astana out of Kazakhstan and bring his big-body centerman play there. It’s not one of the bigger teams in the KHL, but Antropov is from Kazakhstan so it makes for a nice homecoming. Antropov had 15 goals and 20 assists last season for Winnipeg.
The same can be said for Polak heading to the Czech Republic where he’ll play for Vitkovice. The defensive defenseman will head home where opponents should make sure to “not open that door” when it comes to wanting to fight him.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 9
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 48
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 20
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 36
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32