Sep 23, 2012, 4:01 PM EDT
Another day, another pair of NHL players heading to Europe to play.
Antropov will suit up for Barys Astana out of Kazakhstan and bring his big-body centerman play there. It’s not one of the bigger teams in the KHL, but Antropov is from Kazakhstan so it makes for a nice homecoming. Antropov had 15 goals and 20 assists last season for Winnipeg.
The same can be said for Polak heading to the Czech Republic where he’ll play for Vitkovice. The defensive defenseman will head home where opponents should make sure to “not open that door” when it comes to wanting to fight him.
- Barn burner: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 0
- Everything happens: Ovechkin nails Tavares, Isles score 4
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 16
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 32
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 57
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 105
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (105)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)