Sep 22, 2012, 9:52 PM EDT
Taylor Hall is still recovering from shoulder surgery, but when he’s better, Hall will not be able to join the Oilers’ young stars and top prospects in Oklahoma City, according to an Edmonton Journal report.
The problem is that Hall was on the injured reserve list when the lockout began and consequently not eligible to be sent to the minors. In other words, if he wants to play during the lockout, he will probably have to travel to Europe.
For now though, Hall will focus on skating and continuing his recovery. At some point, he might be allowed to do contact drills with the WHL Edmonton Oil Kings, who are also owned by the Oilers.
“Whether I’d be ready to start the season on Oct. 11 (the scheduled start of the NHL regular season), I can’t say, but it’s really close,” Hall said.
He added that the lockout “is almost a little bit of a blessing for me” because it might allow him to get his shoulder up to 100% before playing. Hall’s shoulder problems predate the Edmonton Oilers taking him with the top pick in 2010, but he played through the injury until he finally couldn’t put it off any longer.
Hall is scheduled to complete his entry-level contract this season. After that, his seven-year, $42 million deal will kick in.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (36)