Sep 22, 2012, 9:52 PM EDT
Taylor Hall is still recovering from shoulder surgery, but when he’s better, Hall will not be able to join the Oilers’ young stars and top prospects in Oklahoma City, according to an Edmonton Journal report.
The problem is that Hall was on the injured reserve list when the lockout began and consequently not eligible to be sent to the minors. In other words, if he wants to play during the lockout, he will probably have to travel to Europe.
For now though, Hall will focus on skating and continuing his recovery. At some point, he might be allowed to do contact drills with the WHL Edmonton Oil Kings, who are also owned by the Oilers.
“Whether I’d be ready to start the season on Oct. 11 (the scheduled start of the NHL regular season), I can’t say, but it’s really close,” Hall said.
He added that the lockout “is almost a little bit of a blessing for me” because it might allow him to get his shoulder up to 100% before playing. Hall’s shoulder problems predate the Edmonton Oilers taking him with the top pick in 2010, but he played through the injury until he finally couldn’t put it off any longer.
Hall is scheduled to complete his entry-level contract this season. After that, his seven-year, $42 million deal will kick in.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)