Sep 22, 2012, 9:52 PM EST
Taylor Hall is still recovering from shoulder surgery, but when he’s better, Hall will not be able to join the Oilers’ young stars and top prospects in Oklahoma City, according to an Edmonton Journal report.
The problem is that Hall was on the injured reserve list when the lockout began and consequently not eligible to be sent to the minors. In other words, if he wants to play during the lockout, he will probably have to travel to Europe.
For now though, Hall will focus on skating and continuing his recovery. At some point, he might be allowed to do contact drills with the WHL Edmonton Oil Kings, who are also owned by the Oilers.
“Whether I’d be ready to start the season on Oct. 11 (the scheduled start of the NHL regular season), I can’t say, but it’s really close,” Hall said.
He added that the lockout “is almost a little bit of a blessing for me” because it might allow him to get his shoulder up to 100% before playing. Hall’s shoulder problems predate the Edmonton Oilers taking him with the top pick in 2010, but he played through the injury until he finally couldn’t put it off any longer.
Hall is scheduled to complete his entry-level contract this season. After that, his seven-year, $42 million deal will kick in.
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 17
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (67)