Sep 22, 2012, 11:00 PM EDT
Stamkos’ agent, Mark Guy said “many teams” were interested in his client’s services, including HC Lugano in Switzerland. However, he’s decided against playing overseas.
It’s not clear if Stamkos plans to re-evaluate his position if the lockout drags on.
Stamkos and Alex Ovechkin are the only two players to reach the 60-goal milestone in the seven seasons between lockouts. Each player did it once and for Stamkos, it happened in 2011-12. Stamkos has scored at least 45 goals in each of his last three seasons, but of course that streak will be threatened if we end up with a shortened campaign.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)