Sep 22, 2012, 11:00 PM EDT
Stamkos’ agent, Mark Guy said “many teams” were interested in his client’s services, including HC Lugano in Switzerland. However, he’s decided against playing overseas.
It’s not clear if Stamkos plans to re-evaluate his position if the lockout drags on.
Stamkos and Alex Ovechkin are the only two players to reach the 60-goal milestone in the seven seasons between lockouts. Each player did it once and for Stamkos, it happened in 2011-12. Stamkos has scored at least 45 goals in each of his last three seasons, but of course that streak will be threatened if we end up with a shortened campaign.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 33
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 47
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)