Sep 22, 2012, 11:00 PM EDT
Stamkos’ agent, Mark Guy said “many teams” were interested in his client’s services, including HC Lugano in Switzerland. However, he’s decided against playing overseas.
It’s not clear if Stamkos plans to re-evaluate his position if the lockout drags on.
Stamkos and Alex Ovechkin are the only two players to reach the 60-goal milestone in the seven seasons between lockouts. Each player did it once and for Stamkos, it happened in 2011-12. Stamkos has scored at least 45 goals in each of his last three seasons, but of course that streak will be threatened if we end up with a shortened campaign.
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 3
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ 45
- Report: Islanders were sold for $485 million 8
- Scrivens believes Oilers are ‘starting to build winning habits’ 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)