Sep 22, 2012, 11:00 PM EDT
Stamkos’ agent, Mark Guy said “many teams” were interested in his client’s services, including HC Lugano in Switzerland. However, he’s decided against playing overseas.
It’s not clear if Stamkos plans to re-evaluate his position if the lockout drags on.
Stamkos and Alex Ovechkin are the only two players to reach the 60-goal milestone in the seven seasons between lockouts. Each player did it once and for Stamkos, it happened in 2011-12. Stamkos has scored at least 45 goals in each of his last three seasons, but of course that streak will be threatened if we end up with a shortened campaign.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 35
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 32
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 50
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35