Sep 22, 2012, 11:00 PM EST
Stamkos’ agent, Mark Guy said “many teams” were interested in his client’s services, including HC Lugano in Switzerland. However, he’s decided against playing overseas.
It’s not clear if Stamkos plans to re-evaluate his position if the lockout drags on.
Stamkos and Alex Ovechkin are the only two players to reach the 60-goal milestone in the seven seasons between lockouts. Each player did it once and for Stamkos, it happened in 2011-12. Stamkos has scored at least 45 goals in each of his last three seasons, but of course that streak will be threatened if we end up with a shortened campaign.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 8
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 35
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 18
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 18
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 35
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32