Sep 22, 2012, 4:39 PM EDT
Rick Nash and Joe Thornton were teammates with HC Davos during the 2004-05 lockout and during their first game with the Swiss league team today, they showed that even years apart can’t kill chemistry.
Nash scored a natural hat trick in the first period and added an assist while Thornton assisted on all of his goals while adding a fourth as Davos took out Lakers 9-2. Oddly enough, their offensive explosion happened against former Avalanche goalie David Aebischer.
When the pair played together years ago, they led Davos to the Swiss league title. Clearly, they’re hoping the NHL lockout can last a little while longer.
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 4
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 24
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24