Sep 22, 2012, 4:39 PM EDT
Rick Nash and Joe Thornton were teammates with HC Davos during the 2004-05 lockout and during their first game with the Swiss league team today, they showed that even years apart can’t kill chemistry.
Nash scored a natural hat trick in the first period and added an assist while Thornton assisted on all of his goals while adding a fourth as Davos took out Lakers 9-2. Oddly enough, their offensive explosion happened against former Avalanche goalie David Aebischer.
When the pair played together years ago, they led Davos to the Swiss league title. Clearly, they’re hoping the NHL lockout can last a little while longer.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (59)