Sep 22, 2012, 11:35 AM EDT
All right so we’re all hurting for something that’s like hockey and Lightning coach Guy Boucher is here to help us all out.
Boucher threw out the first pitch at last night’s Tampa Bay Rays game and rather than throw it, he did things a little differently — he used a hockey stick to send the ball to home plate. Check out the video here courtesy of the Lightning.
I don’t know about you guys, but baseball would be a lot more interesting/terrifying if the pitchers had to send the ball home like this instead. If the World Series makes it to November, can we force this to happen?
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 4
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 13
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)