Sep 22, 2012, 8:11 PM EST
NHL Central Scouting has rated the worlds best 2013 draft-eligible prospects and two players worth remembering are forward Nathan MacKinnon of the QMJHL Halifax Mooseheads and defenseman Seth Jones of the WHL Portland Winterhawks.
NHL Central Scouting director Dan Marr likes this year’s group of forwards and MacKinnon in particular, according to an NHL.com report.
“His skill level with the quickness with which he can execute, read and react — there aren’t many players who can do that,” Marr said.
Marr also thinks that Seth Jones, who was born in Plano, Texas, might have “given Ryan Murray a run for his money,” if he was also eligible for the 2012 NHL Entry Draft. The Columbus Blue Jackets took Murray with the second overall pick.
Central Scouting has assigned prospects in a wide variety of North American and International leagues a rating of A, B, or C. An A-rating means that the player is seen as first-round material, while potential second and third-rounders are given a B, and projected fourth through sixth-round picks get a C.
Central Scouting will release it’s preliminary rankings in November.
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 6
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 2
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 11
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 86
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 81
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 171
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (171)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (86)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (81)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (78)