Sep 22, 2012, 8:11 PM EDT
NHL Central Scouting has rated the worlds best 2013 draft-eligible prospects and two players worth remembering are forward Nathan MacKinnon of the QMJHL Halifax Mooseheads and defenseman Seth Jones of the WHL Portland Winterhawks.
NHL Central Scouting director Dan Marr likes this year’s group of forwards and MacKinnon in particular, according to an NHL.com report.
“His skill level with the quickness with which he can execute, read and react — there aren’t many players who can do that,” Marr said.
Marr also thinks that Seth Jones, who was born in Plano, Texas, might have “given Ryan Murray a run for his money,” if he was also eligible for the 2012 NHL Entry Draft. The Columbus Blue Jackets took Murray with the second overall pick.
Central Scouting has assigned prospects in a wide variety of North American and International leagues a rating of A, B, or C. An A-rating means that the player is seen as first-round material, while potential second and third-rounders are given a B, and projected fourth through sixth-round picks get a C.
Central Scouting will release it’s preliminary rankings in November.
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 23
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)