Sep 22, 2012, 8:11 PM EDT
NHL Central Scouting has rated the worlds best 2013 draft-eligible prospects and two players worth remembering are forward Nathan MacKinnon of the QMJHL Halifax Mooseheads and defenseman Seth Jones of the WHL Portland Winterhawks.
NHL Central Scouting director Dan Marr likes this year’s group of forwards and MacKinnon in particular, according to an NHL.com report.
“His skill level with the quickness with which he can execute, read and react — there aren’t many players who can do that,” Marr said.
Marr also thinks that Seth Jones, who was born in Plano, Texas, might have “given Ryan Murray a run for his money,” if he was also eligible for the 2012 NHL Entry Draft. The Columbus Blue Jackets took Murray with the second overall pick.
Central Scouting has assigned prospects in a wide variety of North American and International leagues a rating of A, B, or C. An A-rating means that the player is seen as first-round material, while potential second and third-rounders are given a B, and projected fourth through sixth-round picks get a C.
Central Scouting will release it’s preliminary rankings in November.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 22
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 48
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)