Sep 22, 2012, 8:11 PM EDT
NHL Central Scouting has rated the worlds best 2013 draft-eligible prospects and two players worth remembering are forward Nathan MacKinnon of the QMJHL Halifax Mooseheads and defenseman Seth Jones of the WHL Portland Winterhawks.
NHL Central Scouting director Dan Marr likes this year’s group of forwards and MacKinnon in particular, according to an NHL.com report.
“His skill level with the quickness with which he can execute, read and react — there aren’t many players who can do that,” Marr said.
Marr also thinks that Seth Jones, who was born in Plano, Texas, might have “given Ryan Murray a run for his money,” if he was also eligible for the 2012 NHL Entry Draft. The Columbus Blue Jackets took Murray with the second overall pick.
Central Scouting has assigned prospects in a wide variety of North American and International leagues a rating of A, B, or C. An A-rating means that the player is seen as first-round material, while potential second and third-rounders are given a B, and projected fourth through sixth-round picks get a C.
Central Scouting will release it’s preliminary rankings in November.
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 6
- WATCH LIVE: Washington Capitals at Pittsburgh Penguins 2
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 13
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 54
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (68)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)