Sep 22, 2012, 5:15 PM EDT
We don’t know when the lockout will end and the Buffalo Sabres will play, but First Niagara Center will host a hockey game in October.
The Sabres’ AHL-affiliate, the Rochester Americans, will play against the Hamilton Bulldogs on Oct. 23 in Buffalo, according to the Buffalo News.
The game was originally going to be at Blue Cross Arena at the War Memorial in Rochester on Oct. 21.
If we don’t have a new CBA by that point, Rochester’s roster could feature Cody Hodgson, Marcus Foligno, and Luke Adam. The Hamilton Bulldogs, which are the AHL-affiliate of the Montreal Canadiens, roster might include Blake Geoffrion, Louis Leblanc, and Nathan Beaulieu.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 4
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 6
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39