Sep 22, 2012, 5:15 PM EDT
We don’t know when the lockout will end and the Buffalo Sabres will play, but First Niagara Center will host a hockey game in October.
The Sabres’ AHL-affiliate, the Rochester Americans, will play against the Hamilton Bulldogs on Oct. 23 in Buffalo, according to the Buffalo News.
The game was originally going to be at Blue Cross Arena at the War Memorial in Rochester on Oct. 21.
If we don’t have a new CBA by that point, Rochester’s roster could feature Cody Hodgson, Marcus Foligno, and Luke Adam. The Hamilton Bulldogs, which are the AHL-affiliate of the Montreal Canadiens, roster might include Blake Geoffrion, Louis Leblanc, and Nathan Beaulieu.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)