Sep 22, 2012, 5:15 PM EST
We don’t know when the lockout will end and the Buffalo Sabres will play, but First Niagara Center will host a hockey game in October.
The Sabres’ AHL-affiliate, the Rochester Americans, will play against the Hamilton Bulldogs on Oct. 23 in Buffalo, according to the Buffalo News.
The game was originally going to be at Blue Cross Arena at the War Memorial in Rochester on Oct. 21.
If we don’t have a new CBA by that point, Rochester’s roster could feature Cody Hodgson, Marcus Foligno, and Luke Adam. The Hamilton Bulldogs, which are the AHL-affiliate of the Montreal Canadiens, roster might include Blake Geoffrion, Louis Leblanc, and Nathan Beaulieu.
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 1
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 17
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 14
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 0
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 21
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers face Red Wings on Rivalry Night 13
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 9
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)