Sep 22, 2012, 5:15 PM EST
We don’t know when the lockout will end and the Buffalo Sabres will play, but First Niagara Center will host a hockey game in October.
The Sabres’ AHL-affiliate, the Rochester Americans, will play against the Hamilton Bulldogs on Oct. 23 in Buffalo, according to the Buffalo News.
The game was originally going to be at Blue Cross Arena at the War Memorial in Rochester on Oct. 21.
If we don’t have a new CBA by that point, Rochester’s roster could feature Cody Hodgson, Marcus Foligno, and Luke Adam. The Hamilton Bulldogs, which are the AHL-affiliate of the Montreal Canadiens, roster might include Blake Geoffrion, Louis Leblanc, and Nathan Beaulieu.
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 0
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 36
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)