Sep 22, 2012, 5:15 PM EST
We don’t know when the lockout will end and the Buffalo Sabres will play, but First Niagara Center will host a hockey game in October.
The Sabres’ AHL-affiliate, the Rochester Americans, will play against the Hamilton Bulldogs on Oct. 23 in Buffalo, according to the Buffalo News.
The game was originally going to be at Blue Cross Arena at the War Memorial in Rochester on Oct. 21.
If we don’t have a new CBA by that point, Rochester’s roster could feature Cody Hodgson, Marcus Foligno, and Luke Adam. The Hamilton Bulldogs, which are the AHL-affiliate of the Montreal Canadiens, roster might include Blake Geoffrion, Louis Leblanc, and Nathan Beaulieu.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 10
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 13
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 25
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 23
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 6
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)